Cloud Operations Engineer for Digital Business
Join FOSS as a Cloud Operations Engineer at the FOSS Innovation Center in Hillerød – and be part of feeding food value chains with Trust, Quality and Insights and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
Data is the most valuable resource in modern food production
Digitalization has reached a turning point: in a growing global market where safe food of high quality is in demand, digital solutions indisputably add value to the production chain.
High availability and reliable performance is the top priority in any production environment and it can be safeguarded through remote monitoring, automation, assistance and sharing of knowledge. All in all, a more intelligent use of nature’s agricultural resources. That is good news for the future!
Digital Business is responsible for developing innovative cloud-based services using data from our analytical instruments and other sources, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches. Our digital services are hosted in a large-scale production environment in Microsoft Azure and our customers are expecting us to provide high quality service while keeping their data well protected as our digital services are an integral part of the customers daily business.
Our business is growing and we therefore also need to expand the Operations team that is responsible for the production environment and providing 2nd line application support for all our digital services. We expect you to provide input and ideas and be active in developing the organisation to run a world class setup with operational excellence.
Your primary responsibilities will include
- 2nd line application support of Digital Services to assist 1st line with difficult cases
- Deployment of Azure Cloud Services
- Installing and upgrading of VM based Services
- Maintainance of our cloud-based infrastructure to ensure service availability/uptime
- Creating technical & operational documentation in written formats
- Proactive monitoring and optimization of the cloud infrastructure for cost and performance
- Take part in a rotating 24x7 OnCall support schedule
- Facilitate the link between software development and production environment (DevOps)
- BSc or MSc in software engineering or computer science
- 3-4 years of proven track record as an IT Supporter or DevOps Engineer
- Good customer communication skills
- Database management experience (DBA)
- Working experience with PowerShell, T-SQL, Performance Optimization is an advantage
- Experience with cloud technologies – preferably MS Azure
- Have an understanding of the importance of data security, reliability and performance
- You are a team player, and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team.
- You have a can-do attitude and will get the job done, even though it is not within your assigned tasks and you believe that having well-defined procedures are essential for a robust operation of a production environment
- Having a mindset for Operation Excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Scandinavian language is a plus but not required
- You are enthusiastic and open-minded with a great attention to detail
And take on a challenging job in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to have a high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development. We have a flat organisational structure and informal company culture with an open-minded and collegial spirit.
FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth!
You will work from our Innovation Center, with access to our fitness center, sports/activities clubs, social events, a great canteen paired with afternoon snacks, good coffee and fruits available all day, and most of all, surrounded by great colleagues.
Ready to join us?
Send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We review applications and conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Claus Møller Bech, Head of Platform & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +45 24 20 81 02
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.