Analytics and Insights Manager
Do you want to use your data and analytics expertise to help hundreds of food and agricultural companies increase food safety and reduce costs or waste?
Our vision is ‘Feeding the food value chains with trust, quality and insights’. A core part of this vision is to use the data from our instruments to enable faster, better-informed business decisions. For example: How can they identify and react faster to food safety issues? How is this year’s harvest different to last year’s?
We are building a new team of data scientists and analysts in our growing business unit, FOSS Digital Business (DB). They will be responsible for defining the analytics and developing the models needed to deliver a broad portfolio of reporting and decision support services for our customers
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and innovative leader
Over the next 18 months, the main responsibilities are to build up a small team, the pilot projects and working processes. Longer term, you will be responsible for building the portfolio of analytical models and organizational set up to support a broad pipeline of new customer services.
Your main tasks will incude:
- Establishing and leading a small team of 3-4 data scientists in our head office in Hillerød (including defining the shared processes and tools to develop new models)
- Working with our DB Innovation and DB Product Management teams to identify customer needs and prioritize what models and services are needed
- Work with Lead Data Scientist to develop and mature the portfolio of models that can be used to serve the needs of our various customer segments
- Establishing working processes and capabilities to support agile development of new reporting and BI services for customers
- Providing functional input and expertise to define long-term plans for the infrastructure and organization in DB
- Working with market management, innovation and embedded software teams to identify new opportunities and technologies to expand the services we provide
We imagine you come with the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ business experience of innovating, maturing and rolling out new reporting and insights services
- Experience across BI, data science and data management platforms and projects
- Masters in either Economics, Data Science or a similar quantitative discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience as a people manager or team leader
- Proven track record for identifying emerging user needs and requirements and proactively delivering concrete solutions to address these
- Fluency in English, since this is the corporate language in FOSS
- Experience of working with external users and customers would be preferable
- Experience from industrial hardware or processes, or food industry, preferable
People who work with you describe you as someone who
- Thrives on the challenge of leading and coaching team in an evolving environment
- Has an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset and excited by building a new business area
- Builds strong internal networks and initiates cross-functional approaches that combine data analytics and domain expertise
- Enjoys working with other functions, customers and external partners, to deliver new solutions
- Focuses on understanding all aspects of business problems, and how new decision tools can be embedded in day-to-day work
- Enjoys working with data engineering and data architect colleagues to build up the processes and tools needed to deliver analytical services to end users
Why should you consider us?
With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a size where you can make a difference. FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
Working as Analytics and Insight Manager at FOSS will give you the opportunity to work on strategic projects that will have lasting impact. You will collaborate with employees and managers across FOSS globally in a team oriented and purpose driven company.
We look forward to hearing from you - please note that we only consider applications received through the link below.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.