Senior Embedded Software Developer
Shure has an ambitious goal of offering our customers innovative ecosystems of top-quality software to support our networked devices. In Copenhagen, we design and develop high quality conferencing products and solutions. As we are expanding our product portfolio, we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Developer to join our team in Ørestad, Copenhagen.
Keep your designs in balance with our software ecosystem
We are a tech-driven company in the process of implementing SAFe. But even though we work in sprints, we are not rushed. For us, arriving at the right code is more important than quick workarounds. In this role, you will be working with everything from low-level drivers to MCU-code. Using your programming skills, you will ensure that our mechanics, hardware, and algorithms are integrated to connect our devices.
Be part of a culture that makes people stay on
You will join a team of around 10 fellow embedded software developers. At Shure, we appreciate collaboration, commitment, and innovation as well as a natural interest in solving complex issues. We strive towards achieving extraordinary results and we are not afraid of taking on challenging tasks.
In your new position, you will be part of a cross-functional, cross-site development team that design and implement cutting edge audio products, platforms and technologies.
“Because our products make up a complex ecosystem, a holistic approach to developing software is very important,” Bo Petersen, Director, Engineering.
Your daily tasks will typically include:
- Designing, developing and debugging embedded application software for 16/32-bit processors running RTOS or embedded Linux.
- Designing, developing and debugging low-level peripheral device drivers for controlling external HW modules, ASICS, FPGAs or similar.
- Reviewing system requirements and developing software designs accordingly. Conducting and participating in firmware architecture and design reviews.
- Developing module and unit tests for testing your implementation. Participating in system integration efforts.
- Contributing to CI-CD pipelines as necessary and helping in developing relevant tools to ensure that continuous delivery chain is always functional.
- Analyzing, adapting and integrating industry-standard digital wired and wireless communications protocols for potential use in pro-audio applications.
Who we think you are
- You have a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or similar, and minimum 5 years of experience designing and developing embedded firmware.
- You are very skilled and experienced with C and C++ and have a demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design using UML diagrams.
- You have solid knowledge and experience utilizing object-oriented design patterns and architectures.
- You master and have a proven track record using key software design principles such as: separation of concerns, high cohesion and low coupling to facilitate reuse as well as maintainability in software architectures; ability to decompose large, complex software systems into manageable subsystems with clearly defined interfaces.
- You are proficient using HW communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, etc.) and higher-level networking protocols such as IP, TCP/UDP, DHCP, ICMP, ARP, etc.
- You develop unit tests using frameworks such as CUnit, CppTest and/or GoogleTest.
- You are familiar with version control tools such as Subversion and Git.
Furthermore, it is a plus if you are experienced with:
- Scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Development of embedded Linux firmware components using the Yocto project framework.
- Wireless protocol stacks such as GSM, Bluetooth, LTE, Wi-Fi, WiMAX.
- Working in a team setup using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
In addition to your technical skills, you are a great team player who loves to share your knowledge - just as your colleagues do. Since Shure is a global company, you will get the chance to collaborate with development teams located in the United States, Scotland, India and China.
Our value proposition to you
We see software development as a team effort, and you will join a collaborative mix of employees with different levels of experience. We are a company of passionate and dedicated people, and our technological innovations are the result of the creativity and dedication of our Associates.
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with ample opportunity for learning and growth as well as an attractive compensation package reflective of your experience and qualifications.
You will become part of an inspiring and flexible workplace with a dynamic work environment and great colleagues that value, support and respect one another. We believe in the value of a good work-life balance and do our outmost to ensure that our employees thrive in our well-established company culture of innovation and high quality. Shure is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and cherish inclusion in the workplace.
To find out more about this position, please contact Ömer Yurdal at +45 3248 2300.
To apply, please click here or by "Apply online."