Student Worker in Data Science at Center Denmark
Are you hooked on Data Science, Big Data, Visualization, Modelling, and AI? Do you want to specialize in energy systems and green transition? For the ambitious and talented student-worker candidates, we have the perfect opportunity!
As a student worker at Center Denmark, you will work on real-life data and cases from Living Labs. Together with the team, your tasks will be:
- Develop efficient algorithms for big data handling
- Create scripts for automated cleansing of raw datasets
- Develop methodologies for data anonymization and aggregation
- Analyse datasets and optimise visualization of our energy-data dashboard
- Fetch data from various sources and data formats to refine the data lake
You will take part in projects analyzing potentials for the national energy system in terms of:
- Taking part in energy digitalization projects with partners
- Investigating potential of initiatives involving Energy Flexibility, Sector Coupling and Energy System Integration
- Understanding energy markets and defining business cases
- Reporting about Center Denmark work
Your focus can be on one or more cases within district heating, electricity, water/wastewater, and gas systems. You will work together with the rest of the team in Center Denmark and partners from research projects like Flexible Energy Denmark (see www.flexibleenergydenmark.dk), HEAT4.0 (district heating), and ARV (Smart buildings).
Required hard skills:
- Solid programming and scripting skills in Python, R, Scala or similar
- Ability to design, implement and manage reliable data pipelines end-to-end
- Focus on debugging and developing a clean and reusable code of high quality
- Flair for data extraction, transformation, and loading processes
- Experience with data mining, cleansing, clustering, analysis and visualization
- Advanced understanding of modelling
Required soft skills:
- Talent in analyzing data and conceptualizing new models based on data
- Collaboration skills in a high-performing team and ability to work independently
- Fast-learner and apt-to-learn attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to cope with deadlines
- Good communication skills in Danish and/or English
Nice to have:
- Understanding of energy systems and energy markets
- Familiarity with Data Lake and databases
- Hands-on application of predictive modelling and time-series analysis
- Experience in fetching data through different types of APIs, MQTT feeds, etc.
To create the most value for both yourself and Center Denmark:
- We imagine you to be enrolled in a master's program in the field of data science or computer science.
- You will work in parallel with your studies and Center Denmark will support you with your master thesis.
- We expect you to come to work at the Center Denmark office in Fredericia at least one day per week. The workplace is the Digital Energy Hub, Vendersgade 74, 7000 Fredericia.
- Salary based on standard level for student workers.
- Be part of our mission to develop digital solution for the energy transition
- Flexible working hours and location
- Company laptop and phone provided
- Cheap lunch scheme
- Free beverages
- Great beers on Fridays
If this is the right opportunity for you?
don't hesitate to contact our head of data science: Miriam Mazzeo, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +45 52 61 65 33.
You are also more than welcome to contact CEO Søren Skov Bording, email@example.com, + 45 23 40 86 12.
About Center Denmark
Center Denmark is a non-profit and independent company that provides digital infrastructure that supports players in the energy sector to develop new data-driven solutions that take advantage of opportunities in sector coupling and accelerate the green transition.
The company has established the incubator (an innovative office community) Digital Energy Hub to stimulate companies and organizations in the ecosystem across energy supply types to develop new data-driven business models and products.
The Digital Energy Hub ensures that the results of new research are made available and brought into play in the energy industry through the digital infrastructure.
For more information, visit www.centerdenmark.com
We look forward to receiving your application, which you submit through Graduateland via "Apply online".
We review applications continuously, so please send us your application as soon as possible.
We treat all applications equally, regardless of nationality, cultural background, gender, or age.