Algorithm Developer / Software Developer
If you enjoy a fast-paced working environment, while seeing your ideas go from a first spark to a working algorithm in a matter of weeks, you might be the Algorithm Developer we are looking for to join us in the Algorithmic Trading team at Centrica Energy Trading.
We are a cross-disciplinary commercial team consisting of top-level people with diverse quantitative backgrounds, such as software engineers, computer scientists, mathematicians and physicists. We share a mission of spearheading research, development, deployment, and operation of trading algorithms intended for energy commodity markets.
If you are curious, inventive, and open-minded, we are certain you will thrive with us, where discussing at a white-board sharing trading ideas is equally important to your skills as a first-class code-smith. We work in an open workspace where learning and professional growth are actively encouraged (and required) via participation in e.g. study groups, conferences, sparring, engaging with peers across the entire organization, etc. Additionally, we have a very good canteen, fitness room, a great staff association, and many other perks.
The Job role
Your role as an Algorithm Developer will challenge your technical abilities, working across all aspects of algorithmic trading; from researching and implementing trading models and strategies with Algorithm Researchers, maintaining and developing our algorithmic trading framework, and bringing trading algorithms to the markets.
On an average workday, your principal responsibilities will include:
- Development, testing and validation of trading strategies
- Actively engaging in the creative process around inventing algo trading concepts
- Development and maintenance of our bespoke algorithmic trading platform
- Supporting the entire process flow from research to live trading
- Development of internal tools, data capture and data storage
With other developers, Algorithm Researchers and traders, you will eventually be responsible for monetizing a business area via algo trading, with the clear profit objective, rather than purely customer-based deliveries, allowing you to see end-to-end value generation of your work.
- Have a Master's or PhD in degree in computer science or an equivalent
- Be familiar with object-oriented programming and C# .NET
- Be talented and passionate about software development
- Keep updated about technologies and methods
- Be driven, commercially minded, self-motivated, and collaborative
- Have good communication skills in English.
It will be a clear plus if you have
- Quantitative math/data-science/statistics skills and/or degree
- Basic knowledge of trading, including order types, and market microstructure
- Experience with large amounts of data in SQL databases
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and the MVVM pattern
- Experience from a message bus architecture/streaming data
- Scripting languages and machine learning: R and Python ecosystems, Keras, Tensor Flow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply online' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply online’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.