Experienced Business Analyst for top-priority IT project
Are you experienced with working in the span between IT and business? And are you looking for a new opportunity to work on a top-priority, business-critical IT project? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for.
Business analysis at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is an international energy trading company. Every day, we complete more than 8500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most.
PMO & Business Analysis is a sub-team to within DC’s IT Projects & Portfolio Management team. We mature IT business cases and execute IT projects, which means that we are responsible for turning innovative business ideas into sustainable IT solutions that support our corporate strategy and digitalisation journey in the best way possible. Working across the full DC value chain, our business analysts play a key role in understanding the commercial rationale and defining the best-fit implementation plan given the context and requirements.
Join a team that delivers great solutions through collaboration
You will join a diverse team of eight colleagues consisting of both project managers and business analysts. You will experience a team with passion and high ambitions, working together on top-priority IT projects across the business. Our ability to align a multitude of different stakeholders around a common objective is what makes us strong and unique. And we all agree that the only way to success is through teamwork and strong collaboration with our stakeholders.
Your way to becoming a business analyst extraordinaire
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our guidelines. One of the first assignments you will be connected to is our ETRM Gas project, which has the purpose of integrating our Gas business in our existing ETRM system. In this project, your main responsibility will be to drive the implementation of the solution for our middle office and back office teams. As this is a large project, you will be working together with 2-3 other business analysts, who will help get you up to speed on the project. As the project is already in progress, prior knowledge about the energy markets will be regarded as a big advantage.
"Down the road, we imagine that you will be able to capture the ideas and needs of our business, turn them into concrete IT projects, and independently take ownership of the implementation." - Simon Meyer Christiansen, Manager, Head of PMO & Business Analysis.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- integrate our Gas business in our existing ETRM system
- elicit use cases and requirements through interviews and workshops
- visualise and document business processes through flow charts and IT architecture diagrams
- structure and analyse data to correctly represent the business logic
- break down complex problems and suggest solutions to decision makers
- identify and implement relevant change management initiatives
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree in International Business, Economics, IT or similar
- have a minimum of 3-5 years’ working experience from a similar position, preferably in the energy industry
- are experienced in conducting interviews and workshops and driving out use cases and requirements
- are experienced in visualising and documenting business processes and IT system architecture
- are experienced in gathering data from different sources (e.g. SQL) and using it for fact-based decision making
- have knowledge about relevant change management frameworks (e.g. ADKAR)
- have knowledge about ETRM systems and agile development methods is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are curious and proactive; the job is to understand other people’s jobs and always be able to explain ‘why’ we do what we do
- are resilient and robust; we work with a high degree of uncertainty and we should be comfortable challenging stakeholders when needed
- are a natural team player; we rely on a good collaboration with the teams around us and we have no room for those who put their personal interests ahead of the team
- take a positive view: we work hard to be the best at what we do – and we make sure to have fun as we go along
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Simon Meyer Christiansen
Manager, Head of PMO & Business Analysis
T: +45 31367353
Application deadline: 25/09