Project Portfolio Manager to Project Management Office
Do you have a background in Project Management or agile development, and would you like to facilitate transparency and continuous improvement? Then you might be the one we are looking for to join our team.
Your new team
The Project Management Office (PMO) is a team of proactive, service and result oriented people.
We enable project portfolio management and efficient project execution by providing, implementing, and improving structured methodologies and standardized processes for project, portfolio and resource management.
We are responsible for project, program and portfolio governance for all projects, portfolio reporting to senior management and the board, maintenance and operation of our project management systems, processes and methods, project support for project managers and strategic portfolio management.
We maintain governance to create transparency in relation to the performance of our projects. We are constantly trying to improve our methods and tools to make it easier to deliver value to our customers at the expected time and cost.
The team is based in Ballerup and Warsaw. This position is based in Ballerup.
Maturing our governance for agile development, challenging, and improving our ways of working with projects
The projects are increasingly using agile methods. PMO coordinates the agile initiatives and aim to support this development across SDC. In parallel to this development, we are constantly improving the methods and processes used for classic project management.
Your primary tasks will include:
- Continuous development of classic and agile methods, systems, processes, and tools for the benefit of project managers, project owners and portfolio owners
- Facilitating communities of practice for our agile practitioners
- Classic PMO-tasks such as portfolio follow-up, project finance management, portfolio reporting to senior management, etc.
- Project reviews of scope, plans, risks, etc.
- Identifying and facilitating removal of obstacles to efficient project delivery.
- Resource management support
- Technical support regarding our tools for project managers, project owners and contribution to further development of our PPM platform
There are a large variety of tasks both in terms of size and complexity. It is important that you take responsibility for all types of tasks and deliver in good quality.
Good experience from project management, PMO, consultancy or similar
We expect you to be an open, curious, and empathic individual that sees value in performing as part of a team while always looking out for making improvements.
Furthermore, we expect you to have:
- A relevant university degree and documented skills in project management and preferably one or more certifications in agile methods
- More than 3 years of experience from working in project management, PMO, consultancy or similar and you bring along experience to challenge our current approaches and ways of working
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and always drive deliverables to completion
- Hands-on experience in successfully driving organizational change initiatives and managing stakeholders at senior management level
- Experience with the use of PPM solution – experience with MS Project as a cloud solution, Office 365 SharePoint, and Azure DevOps (TFS) is an advantage
- Experience with active customer involvement in projects, making agile work in complex organizations, ADKAR or Lean Six Sigma will also be an advantage
- Good communication skills with fluency in both spoken and written Danish and English are essential.
An exciting, challenging, and flexible working day with dedicated colleagues, where you take actively part in defining and executing the tasks. You will be part of an ambitious workplace with a wide range of financial customers throughout the Nordic region. We have high expectations of each other and think it's fun to succeed together. And even though everyday life is busy at times, we always help each other. In addition, we place emphasis on professional and personal development, and there will be opportunities for participation in relevant courses and events.
As an employee with us, you get flexible working conditions, pension scheme and health & dental insurance. You also get a 6th holiday week, 5 extra days off, increased holiday compensation, etc.
All the practicalities
Please submit your application and CV no later than September 17th. We review applications on an on-going basis and close the process when we find the right match.
We encourage everyone, regardless of personal background, to apply for the position, as we find diversity a strength that contributes to our shared success.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Mathias Hollensen on +45 2946 4216. We encourage everyone, regardless of personal background, to apply for the position, as we find diversity a strength that contributes to our shared success.
It all started back in 1963, when a series of small savings banks went hand in hand with a dream of economies of scale and electronic bookkeeping. That dream still drives us. Today, we are 100+ both small and large banks from all over the Nordic region, who are part of the community, because shared solutions make us stronger.
We are over 700 colleagues in Ballerup and Warsaw, who work together every day to deliver a good banking experience to the users of 100+ Scandinavian banks. Many of our solutions are developed jointly for all customers - some for a small group. Common to them is that we want to maximize the customers’ benefit from the solutions and minimize the risk of not meeting the customers' needs.
The future demands more of SDC. The banks are working to adapt to the needs of the market, at the same time they are being met with increasing demands for regulation and efficiency. SDC works hard to be at the forefront of the customers’ needs and continue to be the preferred provider of solutions to Scandinavian banks.