DevOps Engineer -For Helping Save Lives
Do you want to use your DevOps skills to help save lives? Then come help us automate big-data pipelines and applications on a global cloud infrastructure.
Laerdal Medical is a world-leading provider of medical and educational products, helping doctors and nurses around the world save lives. We do so with both screen-based advanced e-learning, physical skills training on manikins, and insightful analytics. We have more than a million healthcare providers using our products and services.
The Laerdal office in Copenhagen is the center of excellence for Laerdal's digital learning solutions and has a unique mix of dedicated people ranging from medical doctors and user experience designers to highly skilled software engineers within app development, 3D and data. Watch our introduction to Laerdal Copenhagen.
The Laerdal training and simulation products are creating a wide range of data – data that is processed to provide valuable insights that is helping save more lives. To do this rapidly and reliably we have created the first version of modern big-data analytics platform that over time will cover all of our training & e-learning products. This is how one of our partners present our analytics product.
If you want to be part of that journey, know your way around industry standard DevOps tools, and has a passion for automating and scripting everything related to building, deploying and running products on a global cloud infrastructure - then you might be the one Laerdal is looking for.
As DevOps Engineer in Laerdal Copenhagen you will be a central person in automating and scripting all processes and configurations related to building, deploying and running the analytics products and services. You will work closely with Data Engineers and Software Developers in Laerdal Copenhagen, as well as CloudOps/DevOps people in Laerdal Bangalore.
Your primary tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Build and automate an analytics data pipeline
- Automating deployment of 30+ Scala/Spark jobs into a global multi-site infrastructure
- Setup and maintain, performance/cost-optimize DataBricks clusters
- Implement infrastructure as code
- Evolve and maintain a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins and Jenkins pipelines
- Scale and monitor AWS managed services like ElasticSearch
- Configure application microservices, launch services, security services
- Configure large scale Kubernetes clusters, in a global multi-site infrastructure
- Configure AWS services and IAM roles
- Communicate and work together with CloudOps and DevOps Engineers located in Laerdal Bangalore
Skills and experience
We expect an educational background in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent at bachelor or master level.
The ideal candidate has the following experience
- CI/CD tools – Jenkins
- Container and orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon EKS
- Cloud – Amazon Web Services
- Deployment configuration – Terraform
- Data pipeline management – DataBricks, Spark/Scala Jobs, ElasticSearch
- Log management – ELK stack
- Scripting languages – Bash and Python
- Operating systems – containerized Linux distributions
- Source code versioning – Git
- Product development toolchain – Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket
As a person you are self-motivated with a forward leaning go-do attitude, are a team player, and you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary cooperative environment. Furthermore, you strive to be the best in your field, you wish to learn more, and are not afraid to explore new areas & technologies.
Laerdal is a global company with 1600 employees, with corporate headquarter in Stavanger and development sites in Stavanger, Copenhagen, Washington DC, and Bangalore. The Laerdal Copenhagen office is the global center for research and development of digital learning and analytics. See more about working in Laerdal Copenhagen on our website and introduction video.
Laerdal Medical offers a competitive work package, flexible working conditions and a casual office environment with company-sponsored social activities and perks.
If you have questions about the position or want to know more, please contact Allan Bentsen on +45 22124663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the job sounds right to you, send us your application as soon as possible. We will evaluate the applications along the way.