IT System Specialist / System Manager for Laboratory Systems
Are you an expert in laboratory applications and with competences and drive to support the laboratories globally and do you have competences to support exciting implementation projects for departments in Europe and America?
World leader in allergy
ALK's aspiration is to become the world leader in allergy by helping as many people with allergy to a better life by providing options of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of allergy. In Global IT we contribute to this aspiration by supporting the organisation with modern IT tools and technologies, and by delivering world-class support to our many colleagues around the world.
Your role as System Specialist / System Manager
In your role as System Manager, you will take part in providing excellent System administration and IT support to your colleagues in the laboratories globally. Furthermore, you will participate in exciting roll outs of LIMS in the laboratories in the US, France, and Spain. You will also support, troubleshoot, and develop existing systems, to ensure a high level of performance and stability, and be able to come up with innovative solutions to new business needs and to optimize and digitalize processes. GxP Compliance and documentation are a part of our mindset, so experience from a pharma company is an advantage. With your strong business acumen, you understand and translate business needs into viable IT solutions. Also, your strong stakeholder management skills allow you to communicate with both IT experts, SME colleagues and end users.
Travel activity is expected from 20 to 30 days per year.
Fields of responsibility
- Maintain the LIMS applications in a validated state
- Manage Deviations, Change control cases, and Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Provide second level support globally
- Develop, plan, and execute validation activities according to GAMP5 together with system specialists and project managers
- Take part in systems roll-out to laboratories globally.
- Guide colleagues on correct use of LIMS Applications
- Participate in audits of LIMS and other IT solutions
As a candidate for the role you:
- Hold a master’s degree or professional in chemistry, computer science or similar
- Have experience with LIMS systems administration and support
- Have experience with GxP pharma environments
- Have experience with implementation and validation of IT systems as well as projects related to rollouts or similar
- Have experience with laboratory and environmental monitoring processes and systems
- Have experience in LabWare and/or SampleManager system, though it is not a prerequisite
- Have the drive to optimize and digitalize processes.
- Have the flexibility to travel around 20-30 days a year to our international locations
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Global IT at ALK
Global IT at ALK is a global organization of approximately 140 employees with three main hubs in Hørsholm, Madrid and Krakow and IT staff on our production sites and regional sales hubs in Germany, France, and North America. Today, ALK has most IT competences in-house and you will have qualified colleagues across the globe.
We believe that good results and IT services go hand in hand with securing development and learning opportunities. Employees are encouraged to show respect and help each other every day. You will become part of an IT organization where we put competence and substance over format and presentation and priorities iterative interactions.
Our IT strategy contains several IT programs and projects aimed at revitalizing ALK's IT infrastructure and application landscape. You will have the opportunity to work with and impact our:
- Global roll out of LabWare LIMS system for environmental monitoring
- Global roll out of SampleManager LIMS system with SAP interface for quality control
- Laboratory Systems Upgrades
As System Specialist / System Manager in Global IT, you will join a great, diverse team of system managers and specialists dedicated to supporting laboratories and production sites worldwide. The team is located in Hørsholm, Denmark and Madrid, Spain, the position is in Hørsholm
Contact and application
If you need further information about the position, please contact Manager, Production Applications, Lotte Johansen on email@example.com.
Application deadline: 30. Sep.2021
We look forward to hearing from you.
ALK helps people living with allergy. By providing solutions that make life with allergy surprisingly simple we make a difference for many people. We build upon a strong heritage as a pioneer in allergy immunotherapy and we will continue to innovate, develop and market new products and solutions for people with allergy. ALK is a global company with production sites in Denmark, France, Spain and the United States. We were founded in Copenhagen in 1923 and today we employ around 2,300 people around the globe. Our headquarter is based in Hørsholm north of Copenhagen. We know that our employees are our most valuable asset and we believe they do their very best every day in the pursuit of new and better allergy treatments and solutions for people with allergy around the world. If you like to have influence and make a difference ALK is the right place so come join us on our exciting journey.