Senior DevOps Engineer
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure team to help evolve and scale our managed infrastructure platform in an automated and secure way. Additionally we are looking for someone that can write tools to help increase productivity of the software developers.
About the Role
You will be working closely with an experienced team of engineers to ensure we choose and implement the right technologies and processes across the team to stay productive and focused on building world class products for our customers. We take pride in being a nimble team with direct communication where each member is empowered to make changes and fix issues quickly, and our tooling and infrastructure choices reflect that.
Our ideal candidate should have at least 5 years experience working with AWS and Terraform + experience running Kubernetes in production on AWS with EKS.
Other services/tools that we would like a candidate to have experience include: Docker, Git, Heroku, NewRelic, Node.js, Postgres, Python, Ruby, Shell script.
Additionally the ideal candidate would have experience with the following tasks:
- Operating large scale production systems
- Working closely with developers and product teams in an agile environment
- Overseeing and improving operations through observability tools
- Conducting performance optimization in all environments
- Maintaining a high level of security best practices
- Running incident management and postmortems
- Participating in on-call rotation
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines and deployment strategies
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.