Senior Front End Engineer (React)
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
As we grow the Peakon engineering team at Workday, we are looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join us in either London, Dublin or Copenhagen. Peakon teams own their roadmap, work collaboratively and include engineering, UI/UX design, and product management.
The Peakon team at Workday is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organisation listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that being a great place to work is our highest priority. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
About the Role
Your focus will be to develop and evolve the more sophisticated parts of the Peakon frontend application, and the tools surrounding it. You will be implementing new features and products, crafting delightful user experiences in close collaboration with Peakon UX/UI designers.
You will be a key contributor in technical discussions within the frontend team, working closely with peers and engineering leads to set the technical direction of our frontend architecture.
You’ll also act as a role model, supporting your team members directly with continuous feedback through collaborative code reviews, technical mentoring and coaching.
As part of the Peakon team at Workday, you'll:
- Be an integral member of a cross-functional team working in an agile environment
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, QAs, and the team’s product manager to deliver exciting and impactful features for employees across all levels at companies who use Peakon everyday
- Contribute significantly to our React codebase and extend our library with testable, accessible and reusable components
- Regularly review and discuss other engineer’s code to find the best solution for the challenge at hand
- Participate in the hiring process, helping us continuously scale our engineering teams
- Use your technical expertise to contribute towards building a best-in-class product and influence the future of front-end in the Peakon platform
We make it a priority to stay on the cutting edge of tech. We are highly motivated by learning and growing in our roles, and constantly evolving is a key part of that.
We are primarily hosted on Heroku and AWS, with a growing number of our services moving to the latter. We use PostgreSQL (through RDS), Redis and ElasticSearch for storage.
We rely heavily on automated testing on all levels of the application, with thousands of tests checking every commit to our code base.
We use Buildkite for continuous integration to make sure our most recent changes are always available to test, and we deploy code to our production environment every day.
- You are an engineer at heart, who loves to tinker and build things
- You have a product mentality and enjoy experimenting to find innovative solutions to customer needs
- You have a proven understanding of agile product development and what it takes to bring a product from idea into the hands of customers
- You are open to opinions of others and constructively discuss solutions to find the best one
- You are an effective communicator who can provide the right level of technical detail relevant to a particular audience
- You have experience operating and maintaining medium to large scale React-based web applications
- You are able to quickly and accurately break down, estimate, prioritise, and deliver projects of high technical complexity
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced, growing company, and influence the engineering culture and technologies behind it
- You are you! We want you to bring your true self to work, so you can help us shape the engineering culture within the Peakon team at Workday!
We welcome your application even if you do not meet all of the criteria listed above, but are excited about the opportunity of mastering this role. We know that skills are not static and growth is continuous, so we are happy to help you take your career to the next level together and are committed to your development as part of the Peakon team at Workday.