Senior Frontend Engineer
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
As we grow the Peakon engineering team at Workday, we are looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join us in either Dublin, London or Copenhagen. Peakon teams own their roadmap, work collaboratively and include engineering, UI/UX design, and product management.
The Peakon team at Workday is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organisation listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that being a great place to work is our highest priority. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
The role is on the Insights team which is dedicated to extend the core reporting and analytics capabilities of Peakon. We build features that allow users to understand and action employee Engagement issues. With multiple data scientists on the team you’ll get a chance to implement cutting edge machine learning and data science technologies into the product.
About the Role
Your focus will be to develop and evolve the more sophisticated parts of the Peakon frontend application, and the tools surrounding it. You will be implementing new features and products, crafting delightful user experiences in close collaboration with Peakon UX/UI designers.
You will be a key contributor in technical discussions within the frontend team, working closely with peers and engineering leads to set the technical direction of our frontend architecture.
You’ll also act as a role model, supporting your team members directly with continuous feedback through collaborative code reviews, technical mentoring and coaching.
As part of the Peakon team at Workday, you'll:
- Be an integral member of a cross-functional team working in an agile environment
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, QAs, and the team’s product manager to deliver exciting and impactful features for employees across all levels at companies who use Peakon everyday
- Contribute significantly to our React codebase and extend our library with testable, accessible and reusable components
- Regularly review and discuss other engineer’s code to find the best solution for the challenge at hand
- Participate in the hiring process, helping us continuously scale our engineering teams
- Use your technical expertise to contribute towards building a best-in-class product and influence the future of front-end in the Peakon platform
We make it a priority to stay on the cutting edge of tech. We are highly motivated by learning and growing in our roles, and constantly evolving is a key part of that.
We are primarily hosted on Heroku and AWS, with a growing number of our services moving to the latter. We use PostgreSQL (through RDS), Redis and ElasticSearch for storage.
We rely heavily on automated testing on all levels of the application, with thousands of tests checking every commit to our code base.
We use Buildkite for continuous integration to make sure our most recent changes are always available to test, and we deploy code to our production environment every day.
- You are an engineer at heart, who loves to tinker and build things
- You have a product mindset and enjoy experimenting to find innovative solutions to customer needs
- You are open to opinions of others and constructively discuss solutions to find the best one
- You are a team player who strives to better not only themselves, but everyone around them
- You have experience operating and maintaining medium to large scale React-based web applications
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a fast-moving, growing company, and help shape the engineering culture and the technologies behind it.
- You are you! We want you to bring your true self to work, so you can help us shape the engineering culture!
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.