Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
As we grow the Peakon engineering team at Workday, we are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join us in either Copenhagen or London. Peakon teams own their roadmap, work collaboratively and include engineering, UI/UX design, and product management.
The Peakon team at Workday is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organisation listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that being a great place to work is our highest priority. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
About the Role
Your focus will be to contribute to the development, architecture, and evolution of the Peakon platform.
You will be a key contributor in technical and architectural discussions within the backend engineering team, working closely with peers and engineering leads to set the technical direction for the platform.
You will also work with peers, through regular code reviews and occasional pair programming.
As part of the Peakon team at Workday, you'll:
- Be an integral member of a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, QAs, and the team’s product manager to deliver exciting and impactful features for employees across all levels at companies who use Peakon everyday
- Build features that help employees drive the change they want to see at their workplace
- Regularly review and discuss other engineer’s code to find the best solution for the challenge at hand
- Contribute to architectural discussions with other engineers across all levels
- Use your technical expertise to contribute towards building a best-in-class product
We make it a priority to stay on the cutting edge of tech. We are highly motivated by learning and growing in our roles, and constantly evolving is a key part of that.
We are primarily hosted on Heroku and AWS, with a growing number of our services moving to the latter. We use PostgreSQL (through RDS), Redis and ElasticSearch for storage.
We rely heavily on automated testing on all levels of the application, with thousands of tests checking every commit to our code base.
We use Buildkite for continuous integration to make sure our most recent changes are always available to test, and we deploy code to our production environment every day.
- You are an engineer at heart, who loves to tinker and build things
- You are open to opinions of others and constructively discuss solutions to find the best one for the challenge at hand
- You want to grow your technical expertise by contributing to a large scale web application built in Node.js
- You have a product mentality and enjoy experimenting to find innovative solutions to customer needs
- You have experience working on a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- You are able to work closely with your team to break down, estimate, prioritise and deliver new features
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and surround yourself with people that will help you succeed
- You are you! We want you to bring your true self to work, so you can help us shape the engineering culture within the Peakon team at Workday!
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans