Project Manager within IT Operations
Job Req Number: 38793
Time Type: Full Time
DSV is growing by acquiring companies. This gives IT Operations a non-stopping flow of IT projects and activities, each bringing its own learning not only to the Global IT organization but also to the PMs that drive these projects.
In this role, you will be in the driver seat, making sure the project gets a clear scope, a realistic plan and an efficient execution. You will be the connecting dot of a wide range of stakeholders: mainly our IT Operations directors, our CIO, our IT specialists, and the business sitting globally in the 4 regions.
You will be, among others, impacting the success of our merger and acquisition, by succeeding an effective execution of IT integration.
We are a new Project Management team within DSV Global IT Operations and Services
Within our large IT Operations and Services (ITOS) organisation, you will find your new team, Technical Project Management. As of now, we are a skilled team of 5 Project Managers that drive IT operations projects from initiation to closure across DSV, and we expect to grow and continue to build the team.
You will work closely with the management team and IT specialists in ITOS as well as stakeholders and colleagues across the rest of Global IT, thus giving you a broad network and exposure in the organisation.
As this is a new team within DSV, we are still defining our path and ways of working. It gives us a great sense of entrepreneurial spirit, and we are excited to have you on board to hear your ideas on how to move forward.
Experienced and creative Project Manager with leadership and communication skills
With your project management background and your ability to lead and communicate, you ensure that your project members are motivated and keep momentum on the deliverables. Being a strong relationship builder, you easily engage and align with stakeholders across the organisation. You challenge the obstacles, and you are creative finding solutions to ensure the project is executed within the defined timeline.
The transport industry is always in motion, and you must therefore be able to structure your work and remain proactive and thrive in a continuous changing environment.
About you, you have
- 3-4 years of experience as a project manager – preferably within IT – incl. a solid project management toolbox for the relevant project management disciplines; or a top-of-the-class junior profile
- A master’s degree or higher as well as a Prince2, PMP or an equivalent certification
- Experience with – or are certified within – ITIL or similar industry methodologies
- Excellent visual presentation skills, e.g., PowerPoint to present your analyses and findings
- Solid experience with reporting and presenting to executive sponsors – and you are fluent in English, both spoken and written
- A proven track record as a self-motivated team player with an ability to adapt to change
It is also important that you can plan your own workday and projects to deliver on time – even when working on multiple initiatives.
- Full ownership of specific initiatives and projects within the Global IT Operations and Services organization
- Form the right project teams incl. clarity on roles, activities and deliverables
- Monitor project progress incl. identifying and mitigating risks and resolving issues
- Execute on project plans as per commitments made incl. regular and timely status reporting
- Ensure that required project data is in the system
- Provide timely and accurate project information / data to stakeholders
- Provide weekly reporting to management regarding projects status and critical items
Collaboration and Integrity a key foundation for success in role
As IT Project Manager, your contact base is broad and will include top and senior management, process owners and key users, IT experts, external partners and other stakeholders contributing to project outcomes. As such, a good ability to establish credibility across a broad range of stakeholders is key for success.
Are you up for a challenge? Are you motivated by taking accountability for project management from project initiation to closure, delivering to your commitments throughout? Are you passionate about Project management? We are – come join us!
Your work location will be at DSV office in Hedehusene.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Jihen Hansen, Head of Technical Project Management via phone at +45 20625193.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com.