Network specialist with Digitalization skills
The world’s leading supplier of intelligent brake solutions
Do you want to be a part of the team?
Then maybe you’re our new colleague. We are looking for an Network specialist with Digitalization skills who can join our IT department. You will get a split role between shared team responsibilities for a worldwide network operation and join various digitalization projects to bring Svendborg Brakes into the future IT-Setup.
You will be part of a larger global IT department which is on its journey from more separated IT departments into a global corporate IT organization. The goal is to get a 24/7 operation within more skill areas. Your primary responsibility area will be to join the global network team which operates a network with multiple sites around the globe. Together with this global virtual team, you will be designing, implementing and operating network solutions. Together with the security team you will also work with network related security products. It is also important that you have the skill to help the team to unite and become a global player.
Over time the role will also expand into your secondary responsibility area, which is participating in the digitalizing of Svendborg Brakes - seen from the network and communication perspective. Next to this also be a team player and help the rest of the local and global IT teams within other areas.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and digitalization technology. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices. Your skills to align with others and gentle convince them of the global journey is also highly desired.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- 2nd an 3rd line Network operation in all aspects – Physical, LAN, WAN, WiFi, mobile & unified communication etc.
- Depending on your skill level, be the primary or secondary responsible in Europe for the network operation team
- Participate in network future design with the global team inclusive testing of new technology when needed
- Key-player in planning, implementing and operating network, network security & communication
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving network and system related problems.
- Responsible for documentation including disaster recovery plan
- Responsible for education and support to all users within your area
- Ensure and share valid and useful documentation
- Be proactive by monitoring network and network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- SLA reporting within own area
- Together with others, ensure that the IT will move global from local within your responsibility area
Your Secondary Responsibilities
- Participate in digitalization & integrations projects (e.g. virtual reality, Cloud, integrations, IIoT, robots, automatization etc.)
- Be limited part of application design, implementation and operation with respect to digitalization
- Help on enhancing interactions between departments on digital processes
- Be local backup and hands-on for
- Server operation (help to global Server team)
- Security (help to global security team)
- During vacations and illness be the local backup and hands-on for 1st line and other teams
- The right candidate holds at least several years of experience of IT and network management
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure with the ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Solid experience with Cisco/HP network & security
- Good general IT understanding and excellent guide in pursuing optimal usage of the IT foundation
- Professional and proactive attitude and preferred experience from global organizations
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Experience with security and preferable SOX knowledge
- Flexible and be willing to work with a lot of different colleagues you may never meet physically (extrovert)
- Great skills in English, both in writing and orally
- Technical Project Management skills is also an advantage
- Preferable a structured mindset and documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a cheerful attitude
- Great overview and are able to set actions into motion with respect for time schedules and specifications
- When we can travel again - be able to and ready for limited travel
For further information about the position, please contact Head of Digitalization & IT, John Kaldahl, at phone no. +45 2940 6549 / 6325 5449.
If this position is you, please do not hesitate sending your application and detailed CV via the below link as soon as possible.
See www.svendborg-brakes.com for further information.
Svendborg Brakes creates high growth for both customers and ourselves by innovating, testing and delivering world class braking solutions. We are value driven and customer focused, and we continuously strive for superior and unmatched quality in design, products, testing, certification and services. This makes us Global Leading Experts and the preferred and trusted provider in the field of intelligent braking solutions. Part of the Altra Industrial Motion Group www.altramotion.com.