Enterprise architect – Infrastructure Platforms
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions, that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC, you will be part of a transformation of our organization and the financial technology solutions.
We are looking for an enterprise architect – Infrastructure Platforms
We are looking for an experienced enterprise architect to be part of a very strong team consisting of 8 EAs. Enterprise Architecture has been given the mandate to layout the 3-year plan, and to do this, we need strong architects that can lead BEC the right way. As an enterprise architect in Infrastructure Platforms, you will have a central role in influencing and further developing BEC's foundation, together with Infrastructure & Business Optimization and domain architects, by ensuring a robust and scalable architecture that can grow in line with business needs.
BEC is working on a new strategy where several significant changes are to be made – this asks for a strong enterprise architectural guidance.
BEC has optimal conditions for creating a relevant and value-creating architecture. We have an agile approach and mindset which allows us to draw on knowledge across business areas, Infrastructure & Business Optimization, teams, customers, and IT professionalism. You can look forward to a job with a wide touch and a lot of variety in the tasks, that you are doing.
You will be based in Roskilde or Herning.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
As an enterprise architect for Infrastructure Platforms, you will be working closely with Strategy and Transformation architects and architects responsible for the specific financial tech domains. Our team contributes to setting the principles and standards of IT architecture in BEC and has a central role in defining the overall landscape. As an enterprise architect for Infrastructure Platforms, you have an important role in taking responsibility for infrastructure's several enablers.
Some of the tasks in the role:
- Plan, develop and continuously improve BEC's enterprise architecture and ensure anchoring internally and with customers
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the development of the future infrastructure has the right technical and financial composition
- Drive architectural design initiatives within infrastructure platforms
- Prepare strategy, goals, and roadmap for shared domains in a trusting collaboration with management and other colleagues at various levels in the organization
- Liaise with BECs primary infrastructure vendor JN Data on current and future architecture
- Contribute to the general EA and strategy work
We are looking for you, who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background as an engineer, computer scientist, or you have another qualifying background and several years of experience with architecture and strategic work in a larger organization. We expect you to have an in-depth understanding of the Enterprise Architecture discipline gained through several years of experience. You know infrastructure designed just right can make a significant difference for a business. You want to be at the forefront to ensure coherence and show the way. You are a distinct team player – visionary and innovative – and have strong communication skills.
BEC governs the infrastructure for 40+ financial institutes. The infrastructure consists of platforms such as mainframe, on premise PaaS based on OpenShift, cloud-based PaaS based on Azure, SaaS in various clouds and integrations between these based on Kafka events, API’s, MQ and CDC. A good understanding of several of these platforms and disciplines/technologies such as CI/CD, CMDB, containerization and event driven architecture will be an advantage.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we also expect you to identify strongly with the following qualifications and competences:
- Able to oversee complexity and building a bridge between technology and business
- Structured and analytical
- Thrive on working with customers and vendors
- Power to take leadership and responsibility in your work, deliveries, and the change processes you participate in
- Can map a system landscape and point out opportunities or consolidations
- Have the stamina to drive these things into our and JN Data’s organization and like to see these changes happens
- Have extremely good knowledge of infrastructure and good knowledge of large infrastructure setup
- Understanding of banking technology is not necessary but is definitely a plus
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than October 11, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, please do not hesitate to contact Jakob Dahl Christiansen, manager Enterprise Architecture on +45 61 56 80 52.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.