R&D IT System Specialist
Be a part of the fantastic Chr. Hansen Microbial Powerhouse family.
We are strengthening our Digital R&D department and are therefore looking for an engaged and skilled R&D IT System Specialist to join our team.
The team for you to join
You will be a part of Digital R&D, which is a central unit in Chr. Hansen Research & Development (R&D) leading the digital agenda in R&D. We are at the very heart of the digital transformation that will let us drive speed in innovation. The overall aim is to enable scalable science in Chr. Hansen through digital solutions.
We support the business with commercial as well as in-house built solutions and span from securing a solid IT infrastructure to advanced analytics unleashing the full value of our science data. We are a dynamic and diverse team of nine people with different backgrounds within IT and Life Science who enjoy what we do. This in combination with curiosity and an open and informal approach has led to great success in establishing digital solutions. We always work in close collaboration with IT, other internal digitalization teams and the business.
Please click here to learn more about what we do.
What would your role look like?
As an IT System Specialist in Digital R&D you will use your expertise within adaption, system administration and maintenance of laboratory IT applications and the corresponding IT infrastructure to support the laboratories in R&D. Your role is to support, troubleshoot, maintain, further develop and roll out existing central IT applications such as LIMS and ELN and help drive the scaling of digital solutions in Chr. Hansen R&D.
- Plan and execute lifecycle tasks such as support, incidents and change requests handling, and application maintenance activities, in close collaboration with the relevant Product Manager. Execution is typically related to troubleshooting, testing, configuration, and programming
- Closely collaborate with the relevant Product Manager in identifying and defining functional requirements, designing solutions and defining implementation tasks that fulfill business needs
- Gain and maintain application expert knowledge through supporting users, interacting with vendors and learning from available documentation and training material.
- Build and implement a Knowledge Base (e.g. ServiceNow or wiki) to secure continued operation and support and establish processes and technical monitoring solutions for 360-degree health check
- Establish, attend, coordinate or lead upgrades or other recurring lifecycle management activities in collaboration with the IT application vendors, in-house IT development and IT infrastructure teams
Who are we looking for?
You have 2+ years of industry or research experience and a degree within computer science, life science, chemistry, engineering, or similar. If you have technical experience with configuration of IT applications. Programming related to IT applications and SQL knowledge this is seen as an advantage.
We also see that you have:
- Experience with laboratory (R&D or QC) IT applications such as SampleManager or other LIMS solutions, and related infrastructure
- Experience in leading troubleshooting and problem-solving activities, and with managing and upgrading IT applications that are part of a complex business critical IT setup
- Ability to work independently, structure and drive a process
- Ability to translate business needs into IT technologies
- Understanding of the processes related to securing an operational setup and lifecycle management of IT solutions
- Understanding of R&D laboratory activities is seen as advantage
- Experience working with IT organizations including IT supporters and developers as well as innovative research and development environments
As a person, you are service minded and passionate about solving the needs of the users and the business. You shine in collaborative and cross-functional teams, where you can use your technical skills as well as your good interpersonal and communication skills to provide results together with others. You are a good listener, understand that “the devil is in the details” and that quality is key. However, you also dare to challenge status quo and think out of the box when it comes to translating needs and processes into IT applications. You produce high-quality work even under tight deadlines, always go the extra mile when it is needed and are self-motivated and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What we offer you?
In Digital R&D we can offer you a spot in a very ambitious team of skilled and dedicated colleagues working in an exciting and welcoming environment. We emphasize collaboration, honesty, trust and wellbeing with each member having their own unique experiences and talents. We are a growing team on a journey that offers great opportunities for personal and professional development in a dynamic and inspiring workday.
Working at Chr. Hansen provides the opportunity to work in a multinational and multicultural environment. We regard our employees as our most valuable asset and constantly look for new talent to strengthen our team. Chr. Hansen values people who can take charge, come up with new ideas and want to form their own work practice and methods. Since 1874, we have been at the forefront of innovation and constantly expanded into new areas for a more sustainable future. We believe that engagement matters. In each of our 32 global offices, we offer you an agile organization with a short way from idea to implementation with an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture.
Join us and take part in making a meaningful difference!
If you need more information?
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Camilla Petersen, Department Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is October 24, 2021, but please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible since we will be processing incoming applications continually.
You can also read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here: https://www.chr-hansen.com/en/career
Do you know someone?
If it is not the job for you, perhaps you know someone who might fit and be interested, please share this job link to them. Thank you for your referral.
About Chr. Hansen
Chr. Hansen is the world’s most sustainable food ingredients company and uniquely positioned to drive positive change through our microbial solutions, which touch the lives of more than 1 billion people every day. Over more than 145 years, we have worked to enable sustainable agriculture, cleaner labels and healthier living for more people around the world. We have come far on our journey, and delivered strong results, and as we continue to unlock the power of good bacteria through new technologies, there is so much more we can do.
We are passionate about what we do because we know we can make a difference for people, animals and plants. And ultimately for our planet. It’s part of our culture, our history and our strategy.
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do and the driving force enabling us to live our mission to pioneer microbial science to improve food, health and productivity in our endeavor to grow a better world. Naturally.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com.