Back End Cloud Developers – FOSS Software Services
A rapidly growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase 60 % by 2050 to meet demand. To follow trend, the farmers and food producers of the world will need to pursue new ways of improving quality and efficiency, and we believe FOSS to be in a unique position to help them achieve that goal.
FOSS Software Services Division
We are part of the FOSS group, but have 100 % focus on delivering software services to food and agro customers around the world. We supply the majority of the TOP100 Food companies in the world with analytical solutions and digital services, but our ambitions reach further. Our vision is “Feeding food value chains with trust, quality and insights”. For over thirty years, data science has been at the heart of driving the accuracy, speed and convenience of our analytical solutions. The new offerings from FSS will expand the range of insights, reporting services and decision support tools we provide for our customers.
We are scaling our already existing development organization to meet the demands of the new software division
We are thus looking for skilled cloud developers, working out of our new hub in Copenhagen. You will work closely with your product owner and product management to understand user needs, and based on their feedback, deliver the digital services that provide the best value for our customers.
We have a strong and secure development setup where gated check-ins as well as automated unit- and integration tests is part of our daily work. Static code analysis and vulnerability scanning is fully integrated in our pipelines and in general we focus a lot on making secure, robust, and maintainable code. We follow the DevOps methodology, and are constantly working to improve our implementation.
Looking for experienced C# back end developers, ready to build the foundation for our new web applications
If you can also occasionally help on front end tasks (Angular/TypeScript), that is an additional advantage. As a person, you enjoy working in a scrum team where you will both be working on feature estimates and specification, design & implementation as well as test and delivery.
Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you will:
- Develop the back end for applications that runs on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Design new features together with the product owner, product specialists and other stakeholders
- Design and implement features in C#, and perhaps contribute on front-end tasks in Angular/TypeScript
- Ensure test and documentation of your work using automated test frameworks and SwaggerHub
- Write unit- and integration tests as part of the everyday development flow
- Groom, estimate and plan backlog items for upcoming sprints in collaboration with the product owner and team members
What you bring to the table
- You have a background as a software engineer, IT-engineer, computer scientist or similar, with preferably 4 or more years of relevant experience from a similar position in an agile environment.
- You are an excellent and experienced C# programmer with profound knowledge about .NET Core.
- You also know your way around Angular/TypeScript, even though its perhaps not your super strength.
- You have experience with modern cloud hosting and service platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- You have profound experience working with REST APIs and Entity Framework.
- You speak and write English well enough to have good constructive dialogue with your colleagues around the world, mostly in Denmark and Poland.
Our ideal candidate
- Knows good user experience and focus on data security, speed and reliability.
- Is a team player and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team.
- Has a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your specialty.
- Believes that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution – experience with TDD is considered an advantage.
- Has a sense of ownership of the solutions he/she develops and wants to do the best to make sure they run as good as possible.
Why you belong here
- With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey.
- Our new division FSS is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to these established locations, add a dedicated hub in central Copenhagen.
- We anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
- Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table, take ownership, and make a real difference.
- You will be part of creating a startup working culture where we have fun and learn quickly, whilst benefiting from the long-term focus of the FOSS company.
Ready to join FSS?
Send your application by using the link below. We review applications and conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Jacob Hansen, Head of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +45 2761 6961.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.