Full-stack Web Developer, Digital Learning - For Helping Save Lives
Do you want to use your full-stack web development skills to help save lives? Then come help us make our powerful digital learning platform even more impactful.
Laerdal Medical is a world-leading provider of medical and educational products, helping doctors and nurses around the world save lives. We do so with both screen-based advanced e-learning, physical skills training on manikins, and insightful analytics. We have more than a million healthcare providers using our products and services.
The Laerdal office in Copenhagen is the center of excellence for Laerdal's digital learning solutions and has a unique mix of dedicated people ranging from medical doctors and user experience designers to highly skilled software engineers within app development, 3D and data. Watch our introduction to Laerdal Copenhagen.
The Laerdal training and simulation products are making healthcare professionals better at saving lives all over the globe. To respond fast and influentially to new learning needs, we are developing a strong digital learning platform based on the open-source framework Adapt Learning, enabling our learning experts to author digital learning products that hit the mark.
As a full-stack developer on our Laerdal Adapt Platform team, you will play a vital role in evolving our platform to new levels. Things like incorporating adaptive learning capabilities, the next level of user behavior tracking, and integrating new 3rd party frameworks are all on our schedule. So, if you are thriving to use your full-stack web application competencies to make a real difference, then you are the one we are looking for.
You will work closely with colleagues locally in our Copenhagen office and team members in both Bangalore and Stavanger.
Your primary tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Extend and enhance the Laerdal Adapt platform and ecosystem: evolve the platform by adding new components and features requested by product teams.
- Work with the backend of the Adapt platform to ensure the authoring tools and deployment pipelines are continuously improved.
- Add new features to the frontend of the platform, including new themes, components, extensions, and menus.
- Integrate 3rd party systems and component libraries to easily incorporate new functionality and expand the territory of the Laerdal Adapt platform
Skills and experience
We expect an educational background in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent at bachelor or master level and preferably 5+ years of development experience.
The ideal candidate has the following experience
- Expert in full-stack development of web applications
- Specialist in tools and framework such as
- Less CSS
- Former experience in extending/customizing open-source frameworks such as Adapt, Umbraco etc. to tailor specific needs
- Identify technical debt in code bases and provide solutions to eliminate these
- Debug and problem solve critical issues across the entire Adapt platform
- Participate in technical design- and code discussions with colleagues
- Break down User Stories into concrete developer tasks
As a person you are self-motivated with a forward leaning go-do attitude, are a team player, and you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary cooperative environment. Furthermore, you strive to be the best in your field, you wish to learn more, and are not afraid to explore new areas & technologies.
If this has spawned your interest, then reach out to us. Call Jeppe Klingberg on +45 2891 1949 with questions or to hear more about the possibilities. And if you think the job sounds right to you, send us your application by using the application button below: “Apply online”.
We will be conducting interviews on a running basis, so send your application today.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Laerdal is a global company with 1600 employees, with corporate headquarter in Stavanger and development sites in Stavanger, Copenhagen, Washington DC, and Bangalore. The Laerdal Copenhagen office is the global center for research and development of digital learning and analytics. See more about working in Laerdal Copenhagen on our website and introduction video.
Laerdal Medical offers a competitive work package, flexible working conditions and a casual office environment with company-sponsored social activities and perks.