Data Engineer to work closely together with our traders
Are you passionate about data engineering and do you dream of a job where you can clearly see the value you create for your colleagues every day? And are you always eager to find the next solution that will challenge the status quo? Then you might be our new colleague to join our ambitious Data Engineer environment.
Venture into the journey towards becoming the best data-driven energy trading company
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company. Every day, we complete more than 8,500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. Our business model is heavily reliant on our use of and work with data, making your role crucial for our business and our traders. To be more specific, in our Data Engineering team, we empower business users, data scientists and data analysts to discover, explore and analyse relevant data. Today, we leverage our proprietary data platforms, where we deliver fast and effective data services, to support our entire trading value-chain and ensure the best possible support for data-driven decision-making. We work closely with the trading teams while managing a short time-to-market and a continuous delivery model.
Join a curious and social team with high data-ambitions!
You will be part of a team of data engineers where people like to challenge themselves and each other, which is reflected in our close collaboration and professional development. We like to explore new ideas and continuously expand our technical horizon within the data engineering domain. We are curious, love data and are driven by a fast-paced and innovative environment. You will experience a culture which is characterised by having fun while working hard and reaching our goals as a team.
Be part of shaping and executing our data strategy
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the data engineering team, your role and our data platforms – primarily built on Microsoft SQL technologies. You will join a team that supports our trading activities and you will be working closely with analysts and traders sitting directly on our trading floors. Through close sparring with your team, you will learn our delivery model and how we interact with our stakeholders. On the longer term, you will take a more permanent role in the team dedicated to one of our trading areas, delivering on strategic projects organised around a specific business domain. Together, we will define tasks and responsibilities aligned with your professional interests, ambitions and competencies.
"YOU WILL WORK EXTREMELY CLOSE TO THE TRADING BUSINESS AND SOLVE VALUE-ADDING PROBLEMS IN ONE OF THE MOST DATA-DRIVEN INDUSTRIES."
LARS KÜHN, CHIEF DATA OFFICER (CDO), HEAD OF DATA ENGINEERING & ARCHITECTURE
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists and traders in our cross-functional team to discover new features and data products - leveraging the billions of data points we process every day
- Analyse, design and develop production-ready, scalable data pipelines to support business processes
- Learn new technologies and transform your learnings into applicable tools to benefit our business stakeholders
We expect that you:
- have a strong technical background, e.g. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant fields
- have 2+ years of experience in building scalable and data-intensive systems and are fluent in SQL
- have a practical knowledge about data modelling of Data Lakes and Data Warehouses, designing data pipelines and ETL jobs
We expect that you:
- are passionate about the Data Engineering domain and data in general – we love to nerd out within our domain, and are looking for someone to “join the club”
- are curious and love to understand the stakeholders' needs and challenges from multiple perspectives, because we need to constantly push boundaries
- are dedicated, passionate and take responsibility. We have a strong collaborative culture, but you will also be expected to work individually
- take on a structured problem-solving approach and are quick to grasp key issues, because the trading business is ever-changing and complex
- are proactive, service minded and have the ability to find solutions for your stakeholders, because collaboration is the key to success
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Lars Kuhn Thomsen, Chief Data Officer and Senior Manager, Head of Business Intelligence:
T: +45 31 41 48 37