Experienced Data Engineer to build next generation data platforms
Do you describe yourself as a data-nerd with strong technical skills? And are you looking for an opportunity where your work will have a real impact on the day-to-day business? Then you might be the new colleague for our Data Engineering team!
Join the journey towards becoming the best data-driven energy trading company
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company. Every day, we complete more than 8500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. Our business model is heavily reliant on our use of and work with data, making you role crucial for our business and our traders.
To be more specific, in our Data Engineering team, we empower business users, data scientists and data analysts to discover, explore and analyse relevant data. Today, we use our proprietary data platforms to deliver fast and effective data services to support our entire trading value chain and ensure the best possible foundation for data-driven decision-making. We work closely with the trading teams while managing a short time-to-market and a continuous delivery model.
Skilled data engineer with DevOps understanding
As our new colleague, you will primarily work together with our Automated Trading team that develops, implements and monitors algorithmic trading strategies. On a daily basis, they work with fundamentals such as weather and pricing data that affects the markets DC trades in. That is why the ideal candidate for this position has a strong technical background and experience with building scalable and data-intensive systems. Your primary focus will be to work within the meteorology domain and it is a plus if you have prior experience working with weather data. You will work together with our quantitative analysts and traders, where your primary focus will be to support automated trading, build scalable data pipelines and extend the algorithmic trading platform.
Your path to success in DC
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the Data Engineering team, your role, tasks and our data platforms. Through close sparring with the team, you will get to know our delivery model and learn how we interact with our stakeholders. On the longer term, you will support our journey within algorithmic trading. You will participate in building next generation data platforms to support more advanced data analysis and high-frequency data services.
"OUR GOAL IS TO BE THE BEST DATA-DRIVEN ENERGY TRADING COMPANY IN THE WORLD – JOIN US ON THIS JOURNEY!"
LARS KÜHN, CHIEF DATA OFFICER (CDO), HEAD OF DATA ENGINEERING & ARCHITECTURE
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- collaborate with product managers, data scientists and traders in our cross-functional team to discover new features and data products - leveraging the billions of data points we process every day
- analyse, design and develop production-ready, scalable data pipelines to support business processes
- support machine-learning initiatives by designing pipelines and performing basic feature engineering
- learn new technologies and transform your learnings into applicable tools to benefit our business stakeholders
We expect that you:
- have a strong technical background, e.g. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant field
- have 3+ years of experience in building scalable and data-intensive systems
- have an excellent track record of using coding languages such as SQL, Python and Bash
- preferably, have experience within the meteorology domain and knowledge about weather (not a requirement)
- have DevOps understanding e.g. CI/CD tools, Dockers (ideally on the OpenShift platform)
- have experience with data modelling of Data Lakes and Data Warehouses, designing data pipelines and ETL jobs
- are proficient in various SQL and NoSQL databases
- are experienced in dealing with large and complex data sets and performance tuning
We expect that you:
- are passionate about the Data Engineering domain and data in general – we love to nerd out within our domain, and are looking for someone to join the club
- are curious and love to understand the stakeholders' needs and challenges from multiple perspectives, because we need to constantly push boundaries
- are dedicated, passionate and take responsibility. We have a strong collaborative culture, but you will also be expected to work individually
- take on a structured problem-solving approach and are quick to grasp key issues, because the trading business is ever-changing and complex
- are proactive, service minded and have the ability to find solutions for your stakeholders, because collaboration is the key to success
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Lars Kuhn Thomsen, Chief Data Officer and Senior Manager, Head of Business Intelligence:
T: +45 31 41 48 37