Site Reliability Engineer
You’re a site reliability expert who makes high performance look easy. We’re a growing tech scale-up that stakes our reputation on reliability. Apply today, and let’s make the internet a fairer place.
Who you are
You’re a courageous self-starter with a can-do attitude, ready for your next challenge. You make online traffic management look easy, as you elegantly scale up infrastructure to meet even the highest demand spikes. End-users have no idea the work you put in to keep our systems efficient and resilient – and you get satisfaction from providing them with a seamless experience.
At the office, you like a dynamic, international, and friendly vibe and the freedom to manage your own time and tasks.
Who we are
We’re a high-growth tech scale-up made up of vibrant, innovative people from all over the globe who believe in online fairness for all. We help some of the world’s biggest companies manage their busiest days. Our virtual waiting room prevents their websites from crashing and lets them control traffic inflow, allowing them to run smooth sales and registrations while ensuring a fair experience for billions of online visitors.
We've been in business for over a decade now, but we still maintain a strong startup culture. This creates an environment that fosters team spirit, encourages continuous collaboration, promotes constant knowledge sharing, and champions an agile approach to work.
We may be headquartered in Copenhagen, but our team represents around 40 different nationalities. That means diversity and inclusion are major priorities for us. If you’re the right candidate but you don’t live in Denmark, we’re open to supporting relocation costs to bring you into our team.
As an SRE at Queue-it, you’ll help us scale our systems to manage ever-more challenging load demands. For example, you’ll be pivotal in resolving issues such as:
- If we go from no traffic to 10 million requests a minute within 2 minutes. Can our infrastructure scale up fast enough?
- How do we keep our services running as smoothly as possible, even if RDS or other AWS services are down?
You'll be integrated with one of our development teams, where you will have two major responsibility areas. Firstly, you will keep the team rolling by creating CI pipelines, ensuring all team services scale effectively, and assisting with general DevOps. Second, you will be part of our virtual SRE team, tackling large cross-team issues like alerting, security, scaling, reliability, etc.
What you get to do every day
- Automate, improve, operate and monitor highly available and reliable Microservices on AWS
- Create CI pipelines, scale internal and external infrastructure, and assist with DevOps as required
- Use optimal tools for the job and work with a broad range of technologies such as .Net Core, C#, Node.js, TypeScript, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Docker, Angular, and more - see our stack
- Take ownership of your projects in terms of prioritizing, handling, and leading on reliability issues within your domain
- Work with a diverse group of passionate, professional, and agile software & site reliability engineers
- Speak your mind, expect to be heard, and strive to make an impact
What you bring to the team
- 3-30 years experience in software development/site reliability (the number of years is less important than the quality of your experience)
- Previous work within a startup/scaleup (especially B2B SaaS) will be an advantage
- Proficiency in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure DevOps, and agile processes
- Solid English communication skills, both written and verbal (Danish not required)
- You like taking initiative and bring tasks to completion
- You’re a self-starter who isn’t afraid to take on big challenges and responsibility
- You can work independently, but appreciate that it is a team effort
The position is full-time and starts as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, contact our CTO and Co-Founder Martin Pronk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Queue-it headquarters is in Kødbyen (Meatpacking District), about 800 meters from the central Copenhagen train station. Employees should be local (we support relocation!) but can enjoy the flexibility to work from home or in the office.
Click the apply button to send your CV and application in English and let us know why you’re excited to help us grow. We can’t wait to welcome you to the team!
Queue-it is committed to employing a diverse staff. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Queue-it is growing! That means we're accepting applications for this position on an ongoing basis. Please don't hesitate to apply, even if the posting date is not recent. We are also opening new positions on a regular basis. If we feel your CV is more applicable to another role, we will ask if you would like to be considered.