Cloud Architect and Backend Developer
Can you orchestrate and recommend best-practices and long-term architectures?
At Milestone you will join a leading global provider of IP Video Management Systems in and beyond security. As a global company with Scandinavian heritage, we continue our 20+ years of continuous growth. However, in many ways we still think and act like a start-up. We get the idea and we act on it.
- Collaborate and work directly with current team and recommend best-practice and long-term architectures. Leading role in creating and presenting technical content and best practices.
- As an engineer in AWS and Calculators, you will be responsible for development of current and upcoming cloud deployment solution for XProtect.
- Being an active contributor to the team, providing new ideas and solutions on implementation and architecture and problem solving.
- Stay up to date with current development methodologies, design patterns and technologies
- Flexible and able to work with whatever is needed within the team, such as development, testing, documenting and investigating, in addition to architecture work
- Determining what is gained in actual value when developing something, determining the right functionality and time trade-off for what is developed
- Being part of the Husky HW Operations team and a team player
- Having a can-do attitude, looking for solutions and not just seeing problems
- Able to deliver on time according to agreed commitments
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development of business software at scale or current hands-on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Several years of experience in architecture, software design and operations in hybrid environments
- Demonstrated cloud architect skills
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Good technical foundation of C#.NET, SQL, PowerShell, and CI/CD
- Deep understanding of AWS services like EC2, Cloud formation, Storages (EBS,FSx,S3), AppStream, and others
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate)
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly; ability to think abstractly
You possess and act upon:
- Likes to have fun at work and be a teammate! You have success when the team has success.
- Possess a partnering win-win mindset
- Ability to uphold organizational values of reliability, openness, innovation, flexibility, and independence
- Interest in continuous improvement and dedication to updating skills
- Ability to work with a global team across multiple time zones
Your new department and team
The Husky HW Operations are a business line within the successful Milestone System Group offering a state-of-the-art unit with the Milestone VMS software (XProtect) preloaded. Since Milestone Systems is a software company, the Husky HW Operations business will require a team with the ability to introduce new units while maintaining existing models.
XProtect on AWS is managed from the Husky HW Operations, for enabling system integrators, and end customers to deploy XProtect in minutes, scale fast with no hardware or location dependencies, and cut down on hardware and maintenance. XProtect on AWS is a cloud deployment alternative to on-premises video surveillance systems. It utilizes computing services in the AWS cloud such as compute, storage, and networking, to deliver an elastic solution that can be scaled on-demand to fit the business need.
The Husky HW Operations team will also have the sourcing and manufacturing responsibility within the group.
As a member of the AWS and Calculators team within the Husky HW Operations department, you will be working together with multiple functions in Milestone, introducing and qualifying new functionality, ensuring quality, providing input and requirements to development of new products as well as investigating new technologies.
By joining the Husky HW Operations team, you will be part of an exciting journey that requires hard work and commitment, but also a rare opportunity to influence and build a successful business.
Contact and application
We will be interviewing candidates on an on-going basis, and therefore encourage you to submit your application and resume as soon as possible using the link. All applications must be in English. The position is expected to be filled as soon as possible.
Deadline date: 15/11/2021.
To apply for this position, click the Apply button and follow the steps, keeping relevant documents like CV etc. handy. For more information about the job, contact Senior Engineering Manager Petter Olofsson on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: https://www.milestonesys.com/
Build your career here!
Help us make the world see
When joining Milestone, you will become part of one the world’s leading providers of video management software in and beyond security. Since starting up in Denmark in 1998 our team has grown to include nearly 1,000 employees based in 25 countries. Today, our solutions are used in 500,000+ installations worldwide – with many more to come.
We believe that in addition to our strong and exiting technology, our success is also based on our dedication to putting people first – both the people we work with and the people around us. It’s how we grow our culture, our business and our community. Because at Milestone, we grow together. Ready to elevate your career with an amazing team? Join Milestone. If you are curious to know more about who we are, we suggest you visit http://milestonesys.com/career
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.