Business Intelligence Consultant for Bunker Holding
Do you want to be part of the successful implementation of BI & Data? Have you been part of the creation of a technical foundation to underpin a data driven agenda before? Do you work with Microsoft BI & Data Technologies? Then seize this unique opportunity to leave your mark by joining Bunker’s BI team on their exciting journey.
Data as a Strategic Focus Area
Data, and how Bunker Holding use it, is a strategic business focus area and is sponsored by C-Level Management. The BI solution is an integrated part of their system landscape, and they have created a cross functional Data Team consisting of both business and IT representatives, to ensure maximum value creation through Data usage throughout the entire business. To allow to scale on critical capabilities and create a healthy environment for knowledge sharing they have strategic partnerships with multiple domain vendors.
Where Bunker Holding are
They are predominately a Microsoft house, and in the process of migrating the remaining of on-prem Microsoft Data setup to Microsoft Azure. A large part of the Data setup is already in Azure, amongst other Tabular model analysis, Services and Data Lake. The next big leap, starting this year, is to build a new Data Warehouse in Azure, all in preparation for handling their classic need for Enterprise level Data as well as to create a strong position for handling already incoming needs for Advanced Analytics, ML, AI, self-service, and citizen development.
You will become an important member of a dynamic agile team with cross functional collaboration to succeed. In this role you will have following areas of responsibility:
- Development of reliable BI solutions for the business
- Contribute to the development of brand-new data science setup
- Engage in a productive relationship with our strategic BI partners
- Contribute to a new Technical BI Strategy
- Contribute to improvements to the Technical BI Architecture
- Capture and mature business and IT requirements
- Develop and implement technical BI initiatives that creates new business opportunities
- Secure reliable operation of the setup
Your competences include experience in developing and maintaining BI & Data solutions built on Microsoft technology. You have experience in the implementation of different BI methods that ensures a modern BI architecture, and you understand the value of a Data Warehouse as the underlaying foundation. In addition, you have experience with data modeling, SQL and Microsoft BI technologies including:
- Azure Technologies: Data Factory, Logic App, Azure SQL Database, Function App, Data Lake, Analysis Services
- OnPrem Technologies: SSIS, SSAS Tabular, SSRS
- Hands-on experience with Power BI and Excel
- Experience in Azure Data Science Technologies, e.g. Machine Learning, Databricks, Synapse or similar is a plus
- DevOps & Deployment at Will
- Experience in IT/BI Architecture and Design is a plus
On a personal level, you are committed and self-driven, you have an analytical and pragmatic approach to your tasks, and you are result oriented and a fast learner when it comes to understanding a new business. It is vital that you are a team player who can work in a dynamic and agile environment with multiple tasks and various stakeholders where sharing knowledge and helping each other are key factors.
Being fluent in Danish and English both written and spoken is a requirement.
Some travelling to other locations a couple of weeks on an annual basis might occur.
Mobil: +45 61 33 20 10
Telefon: +45 71 99 02 10
Join Bunker Holding – world leaders in bunker trading
Bunker Holding is the world’s leading company in bunker trading. We make fueling ships simple. Since 1981 we have specialised in the purchase, sale and supply of fuel and lube oil to ships. We also help manage risk and volatility in fuel prices.
With more than 1500 specialists in 33 countries worldwide, our clients know that a local expert is always at hand with detailed insights into suppliers, port logistics, local availability and pricing. Bunker Holding is the largest company in the USTC Group. Learn more at www.bunker-holding.com.