Senior Data Engineer
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
We can all do our part in fighting food waste and do our bit to tackle climate change by reducing the amount of food wasted. Did you know that more than one third of all food produced gets thrown away? This unnecessary food waste equates to 10% of greenhouse gas emissions!
Too Good To Go is a food waste-fighting app and a certified B Corporation. We connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. We save two meals every second, all thanks to our 2+ million daily users. We have over 43 million registered app users in 17 locations across Europe, the US and North America. Together, we have saved more than 93 million meals from going to waste. We are super proud of this, but there is still lots more that we want to achieve.
This role can be based either from Copenhagen HQ or in our Madrid office as part of our new tech hub.
Too Good To Go is looking for a new Senior Data Engineer to further enhance our existing data infrastructure. You will be part of the Platform team in a closely knit organisation, collaborating extensively with other Engineers, Data Scientists, and Analysts from many other teams.
Your mission will be building the infrastructure to make data insights widely available - both internally for our business critical use cases, but also externally to enhance the use of data insights in our mobile and web applications. What you help build will be used daily by our millions of users, our partners and our internal business stakeholders.
You will be developing and maintaining our data infrastructure, using primarily AWS services, including data ingestion/export tools and our data warehouse. You will build and improve our CI/CD and monitoring systems, as well as support our analysts and analytics engineers in building efficient and scalable data pipelines.
You get to bring your own opinions and experience when it comes to the technology stack. We’ve kept the legacy systems to a minimum, so there is room to adapt and optimize.
- You are technically curious, pragmatic and a self starter.
- You have a background in building scalable and data-intensive applications, ideally on cloud infrastructure. If you haven't been called a Data Engineer before, your title might have been along the lines of Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer or similar.
- You are familiar with modern Python
- You are fluent in SQL and you understand the internals of modern data warehouses (ideally Redshift)
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Docker (ideally on Kubernetes) and Terraform
- You have worked with Airflow
Nice to have
- Experience applying DevOps principles to data systems (DataOps)
- Some exposure to ML platforms.
- Kafka / KStreams / event stream processing.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers, and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What We Have To Offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1200 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How To Apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.