Senior Backend Developer
JOIN A FAST GROWING STARTUP, WHERE YOU’LL HAVE IMPACT FROM DAY ONE!
Worksome is the new digital hub for professional freelancers and consultants. We’ve launched in 5 countries and now have 30.000+ freelance professionals and 22.000+ companies using the platform. We’re well-funded and consistently growing double-digit every month.
About the job
We’re looking for an experienced backend developer who works great in teams, has no problems working in a large codebase and has the desire to join us on our journey to become a successful international scale-up.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the development team and product managers to come up with ideal solutions to current challenges
- Develop new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core software platform and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Take ownership of your code, following through from idea inception to deployment
- Provide code reviews for fellow developers
- Align direction of code and other engineering best practises with the team
Backend frameworks and tools we use:
- PHP 8
Challenges we are solving:
- Expanding the feature set in our product to satisfy our users
- Tweaking our search algorithm to deliver the most relevant results
- Exploring cutting-edge methods for matching profiles with jobs (ML/AI/DL)
- Creating an awesome mobile experience in a web app
- Making our users feel good through UX and usability
- Optimizing load and response time in our web app
- Building scalable infrastructure
- Competitive salary
- Equity- & pension plans
- 6 weeks of paid vacation
- Relocation assistance if required
- Attractive office location in central Copenhagen
- Coffee, lunch, snacks and soft drinks included
- An annual trip to a developer conference
You’ll join a small but growing development team and have significant influence on our development and product in cooperation with the rest of the team. As we grow, so can your role in our company.
- You preferably have years of experience with Laravel or a similar PHP framework such as CodeIgniter or Symfony.
- You have an in-depth understanding of a backend in web-based apps including routing, OOP, and SQL.
- You are used to working within a microservices-based architecture.
- You have opinions about code and architecture, can easily manage PRs and code reviews, and seek to find the optimal balance between product velocity and scalable code.
- You enjoy working in a team where things move fast, and code is deployed to production several times a day.
- You like having freedom in your work, but you are also a team player.
For so long our careers have been driven by location, opportunities in our networks, and a sense of obligation which was created generations ago- which created inflexible, unmotivating workplaces with low productivity. Recently this has resulted in record high corporate resignations and Covid further accelerated the shift to highly skilled independent work.
Worksome believes in a future where careers are driven by meaningful work and flexibility, and companies can find highly skilled, passionate talent on-demand to support their business-critical missions. This supply and demand needs to be solved with less friction than ever before.
We created Worksome to be the first enterprise platform to connect companies with top independent talent all over the world, with end-to-end management of large contingent and freelance workforces including skills mapping, hiring, compliance, contracts and payroll.
We’re in a pivotal moment in the future of work, and now is the time to harness the power of the flexible workforce