Senior PHP Backend Developer
You’re an experienced backend developer looking to make an impact. We’re a tech start-up turning travel into a force for climate change mitigation. Let's team up to help the planet.
Who you are
You’re a seasoned coding pro with deep knowledge of infrastructure, databases, and all things backend. You’re a mental acrobat, driven by autonomously working through complicated challenges until the right solution becomes clear. You’ve seen bad code in your career, so you know the importance of good code and how to achieve it using all the tools in your belt.
You enjoy being part of a well-functioning team and learning from talented colleagues – that is, as long as you have the freedom to manage your time, tasks, and projects your way.
Who we are
At first glance, we’re a hotel booking platform, just like the rest of them. We carry the same hotels. We offer the same prices. But we’re not like them.
We turn the travel industry into a force for climate change mitigation. By quantifying and verifiably removing all greenhouse gas emissions from business travel, we help companies meet their climate goals in an easy-to-adopt way.
Our office environment is informal but serious. We’re here to change the world, and we want the journey to be as pleasant as possible.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you’ll work with a small team that translates business knowledge into innovative solutions and loveable software. The team is responsible for all stages between the idea and final product, including design, architecture, implementation, testing, and operations – and you’ll have the chance to help with all of it.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies and open-source tools and see your work contribute to solving the biggest problem of our time.
Our systems need to be high quality and error-proof. To do this, we put trust in our developers. You are closest to the code, so you can (and should) see the weird edge cases and take pre-emptive actions to make our codebase resilient.
Our developers are not ticket-takers; you’re the very core of operations.
What you get to do
You get to play a key role in a small team moving from start-up to scale-up.
- Evolve and extend our entire infrastructure
- Turn business requirements into smooth automated processes
- Research, evaluate and integrate external services and providers
- Test and maintain code and systems to ensure a stable environment
- Collaborate to identify manual processes and automate them
Really, no amount of bullets will do justice to the job. You’ll find yourself involved in everything needed to run a modern tech organization.
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years of experience in software development (the number of years is less important than the quality of your experience)
- You can architect, build, deploy, host and maintain reliable services from infrastructure to front-end
- You don’t need to know our entire stack - you probably have a healthy disregard for the impossible anyway, and will face challenges head on.
- Experience in some of these will be helpful: PHP, JS, MySQL, Redis, AWS (EC2, RDS, Route53), Apache / Nginx, Linux, Docker, ElasticSearch, Kibana
- Solid English communication skills, both written and verbal (Danish not required)
- You like taking initiative, working autonomously, and bringing tasks to completion
- If you get stuck on a problem, you’re ready to try creative solutions to unstick yourself (your managers are here to help, but they aren’t fans of micromanagement)
- Can work independently, but know that it is a team effort
What we offer
- A fair wage and healthcare
- Stock options. To us, it is essential that all employees own a real stake in our success
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home. We believe work is a thing you do, not necessarily a place you go every day
The position is open immediately. We will conduct ongoing interviews, so apply now by sending an application along with your CV to email@example.com.
Our office lies in the center of Copenhagen, right next to the lakes, and about 500 meters from the central station.
If you have questions, contact our CTO, Rasmus K. Brosbøl, at firstname.lastname@example.org.