Automation Consultant with flavour for process improvement
Do you want to build automated solutions using a versatile stack of technologies? Are you a person that thrives on analysing processes and improving them using IT? If yes, then you might be our new colleague for our Process Improvement and Automation team!
Process Improvement & Automation at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company that specialises in short-term power and gas trading. Every day, we complete more than 8500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most and making green energy more profitable. DC is a wholly-owned subsidiary to Norwegian energy major Equinor, operating under our own name and brand.
Process Improvement & Automation is a sub-team within the IT unit. Our team develops automated solutions using RPA platforms such as Blue Prism and Power Automate. We also build automated processes using Python and T-SQL. Our most important task is to analyse the business and understand how the complex energy processes work, in order to continuously optimise and improve the right processes.
As our new colleague, you will help deliver great solutions through automation. You will join a team of eight Process Improvement & Automation consultants that work cross-functional within the organisation. The team is diverse with people from multiple nationalities and educational backgrounds.
Your way to becoming an energy process specialist
No matter your level of experience, starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our way of working with process improvement in DC. One of the first assignments you will be given is to join our digitalisation journey to help push our Gas business even further. As a part of this project, you will work closely with our Gas trading team and help implement various digital solutions and automations. Down the road, we imagine you will be able to develop automated solutions for larger projects and perform process analyses to provide our business with data-driven insights.
"Do you want to build automated solutions using a versatile stack of technologies?" - Kiril Proykov, Manager, Head of Process Improvement & Automation
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- automate processes in both front and back office
- build digital solutions that integrate systems
- actively participate in solution design and be a consultant to the business for IT solutions
- discover processes by talking to stakeholders and applying process discovery techniques
- perform process mining, task mining and other process analytics techniques to improve our business
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree in Economics, Business Intelligence, Operations Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
- preferably, have a minimum of 1-2 years’ working experience within a similar position
- have experience in at least one Robotic Process Automation technology - Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, Power Automate or similar
- have relational database knowledge (SQL)
- have experience with dashboard development (Power BI, Dash) – preferred but not required
- have experience with Git and source control – preferred but not required
- are interested in process analytics and process discovery (process mining, process modelling, process reengineering).
We expect that you:
- are curious and able to investigate complex problems, in order to deliver process improvement across the full value-chain
- can zoom in and out within the scope of large processes as the automated solutions we deliver can vary in size and scope
- are a fast learner and able to utilise new techniques and technologies, since digitalisation methods are ever changing
- possess business partnering skills that can lead to automation discovery, as your stakeholders might not have a full overview of the process and might need guidance
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Manager, Head of Process Improvement & Automation
T: +45 5280 4001
Application deadline: 10/12.