Manager for data software development
Join us leveraging environmental data from space satellites and other sources for sustainable development in global ecosystems and water environments with clean and efficient software and cloud-native applications.
At DHI, our mission is to work for our blue planet. We excel in disciplines of engineering and science that are targeted towards understanding and protecting the environment and managing resources sustainably for our clients and common good. As a global (>1000 people) not-for-profit organization of great credibility and respect in our industry, our goal is to have big impact on solving pressing environmental challenges through advanced digital and technology-enabled advisory. https://dhigroup.com/sustainability
You will lead a department of five (and counting) young and skilled backend and frontend developers (plus bright students) who create data-informed cloud applications, prototype and deploy machine learning algorithms, and build data pipelines and interfaces. You are part of the highly international Data & Analytics segment of about 30 curious, open-minded, and friendly data and analytics specialists. www.dhi-gras.com.
Our work supports DHI’s global advisory business, featuring global organizations like the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP), public bodies such as municipalities and agencies, and research drivers such as the European Space Agency (ESA) and innovation funds. Often, we partner with other companies and work on highly technical projects. for instance, directly with teams at Google around Google Earth Engine and at Microsoft with Planetary Computer. Our tech stack favors open source, is dev-friendly and cloud-first with a focus on best practice. https://github.com/DHI-GRAS.
We value on-site interaction and a social environment at DHI’s fresh and modern headquarters in the green DTU Science Park in Hørsholm. At the same time, we are very flexible about office hours and remote work.
- You will manage a unit of five (and counting) frontend and backend developers
- Help the team develop data-informed cloud applications
- Anchor and coordinate your team’s work across other units, remote sensing experts, data analysts, and domain experts
- Guide the team in following best practice in software development and choice of dev-friendly and efficient technologies
- Continue our culture of social coding and a preference for open source
- Keep progressing and learning through knowledge exchange and sparring across the global company
- A lead developer wanting to take (or already took) the step into people management
- A people person: you like leading people and help them grow, individually and as a team
- A tech person: you have an overview of current technologies with a sense for strengths and weaknesses of architectures, software principles, and processes
- Experienced in tech development (3-5 years or so), perhaps including start-up
- Engaging, good at communicating, proficient in English
- Experience with data technologies, data processing, data flow automation, visualization, and communication
- Flair for best practice such as clean code and clean architecture
- A versatile and challenging job with focus on developing and expanding your skills and growing together
- A social and fun international working environment with innovative and dedicated colleagues, on Slack and in person
- Work on projects that have an immediate positive impact on environment and people and get great exposure internationally (ESA, public agencies, UN, NGOs, renewable energy industry, water resources, agriculture, …)
- Strong culture for feedback and recognition for your work
- Nice office space and equipment in DHI’s newly built headquarters in green surroundings in Hørsholm
- Delicious lunch prepared by our own kitchen, fruit, coffee, and tea
- Fun and varied company events like Friday bars, seasonal parties and outings
- A healthy work environment with room for family and social life
- Flexibility around working hours and remote work
Hørsholm, Denmark - 25 km north of Copenhagen.
You will have the chance to live in one of the most liveable capitals in the world. Public transport makes it very easy to reach our office.
Want to know more?
For further information please visit DHI-GRAS.COM or contact VP of Data & Analytics Jonas Sølvsteen (JOSL@DHIGROUP.COM) + 45 4516 9479. Please tell us about your skills and about what motivates you to seek this position.