Head of Software Engineering, Manager
We are looking to expand our R&D leadership with a manager for our Software Engineering function. In this role, we are looking for a person with a start-up mindset who is motivated by implementing DevOps principles and preferably has experience with cloud technologies. You will have the responsibility of leading and coaching our software engineers to deliver software infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of our customers.
At Visiopharm you will have an exciting wealth of development challenges to create great applications, offering our customers access to AI, machine learning for tissue-based cancer research and diagnostics. We are on a mission to solve some of the largest challenges of pathology laboratories and the product teams at Visiopharm are building high-performance machine learning products that can learn, predict and act intelligently alongside healthcare professionals at scale.
If you are excited about leading people and have the flair to motivate and coach highly skilled software engineers this is the perfect role for you. As Head of Software Engineering, you will maintain, build, and hire a world-class team of Software Engineers to define, drive and execute our mission. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Product Managers, AI Engineers, and key stakeholders across the company.
Daily, you will need your knowledge of DevOps to take the responsibility for the release of our software, in addition to managing and optimizing our release train and software test processes. We focus on writing quality code with well-established design principles, code reviews, and unit testing as a natural part of our development cycle. On our products teams, we follow agile product development principles and have close collaborations with daily standups and planning sessions to facilitate our flexible cross-disciplinary collaboration. We are expanding our offerings in cloud technologies, and your experience in combining new technologies in this field to create best-in-class client-server solutions will be an important asset.
- Lead and manage software developers to deliver software, infrastructure, and architecture
- Ensure delivery consistent with agile processes across product teams
- Managing and driving software release on multiple platforms
- Maintain mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
- Contribute to software design decisions and maintain an overview of the software architecture
- Identify and articulate technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business
Your Profile and Qualifications
Our ideal candidate has:
- Natural flair for leadership and coaching
- Strong practical experience in software development and agile development principles
- Thorough understanding of application architecture, preferably on cloud technologies
- Experience with continuous integration and related tools
- Master’s degree in computer science, IT, Software Engineering or similar
- First-hand experience with agile development
- Strong communications skills and excellent Danish and English language skills
- Driven by business goals
We also appreciate great curiosity about how pathologists work and how to target applications for their work, experience in development of software applications and tools such as Visual Studio, Git, Jira, Teamcity.
We imagine that you work well in an environment of dedicated people with an open mindset where high quality is obtained through collaboration, openness, and sharing of ideas. We further expect you to take responsibility for work tasks and deploy creative and optimized solutions in the development and process of daily work.
What else can you expect....
- Professional sparring and mentoring with experts within their field
- An opportunity to work in an informal, humorous, and dedicated agile product development organization with employees working closely together towards common goals
- A dynamic workplace with great potential for impact on tasks and the department's workflow
- A workplace with an international perspective, a broad and diverse customer base and close relations with biopharmaceutical companies, development organizations, and hospitals
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development
- Flexible hours, competitive compensation, pension scheme, medical insurance, catered lunches
- Working in our headquarter offices in Hørsholm, DK, but also opportunities to work from home part of your time
Interested? Please, submit your application by clicking “Apply online” as soon as possible but no later than January 8th, 2021.