Application Development Lead
Would you like a challenging and inspiring position as our Application Development Lead? Do you have a passion for software quality and the ability to engage in dialogue with both developers and business specialists? Then we are seeking an Application Development Lead to manage the development team at the Nordic Regional Security Coordinator (NRSC).
More specifically you will ensure an agile and efficient development process based on agile principles by managing the development resources from our sourcing partner. You will take lead in all the processes of planning, application design, documentation, while overseeing development, integration, testing, and support. You will work closely with the Business Teams to create, prioritize, and analyze the project scope as well as milestones for company initiatives. In addition to this, it will be your responsibility to ensure the tracking of deliverables with clear and continuous communication about expectations as well as making sure the developed solutions meet the high standards of quality (incl. documentation and security) expected from the development team, by leading the continued implementation of a mature Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in the organization.
The Nordic Regional Security Coordinator is a joint office for the four electricity Transmission System Operators (TSOs) in the Nordic region: Energinet, Statnett, Svenska Kraftnät and Fingrid. We support the national TSOs in optimizing the efficiency and maintaining the operational security of the power systems across Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. Nordic RSC is a data-driven organization with appr. 40 very specialized colleagues, mainly highly motivated power system engineers and IT professionals. Our business services are tightly integrated with many Nordic, and pan-European projects, which means there are many stakeholders and considerations to manage.
We operate in a business environment, that is under rapid transformation and turn to cloud-oriented technologies to support this in the optimum way.
We live in a very agile atmosphere and are eager to take advantage of new technologies and to stay sharp. We are leading a number of initiatives that brings us on the leading edge of the move towards sustainable and green energy. Continuous Improvement and innovation in a technical engineering culture is our DNA, while at the same time keeping high standards for security and integrity.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Leading and guiding the development team by setting high standards for software development and modern, agile development practices.
- Manage roadmaps and sprints well-coordinated with business owners using Azure DevOps and task boards/backlogs.
- Engaged in dialogue with business owners to assist in interpreting the requirements and with IT architects in designing the application architecture.
- Ensuring structured and well-organized software development and release processes with a strong focus on Quality Assurance, IT Security and ITSM
- Being responsible for the supervision and engagement of ongoing relations with external outsourcing partner, while maintaining control and successful management of the entire workload
The ideal candidate possesses most of the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, writing code, and creating production-level software.
- 3+ years as successful developer team lead or principal developer
- A well-developed sense of software design best practices and patterns and a clear definition of code quality (e.g., ‘Clean Code’, continuous refactoring, SOLID principles etc.)
- Strong understanding of adjacent software development activities such as environment management (i.e., test, staging, preproduction etc.), release and deployment, semantic code versioning, source code branching strategies, and git-scm.
- Experience with modern software development process models (e.g., SSDLC, iterative and incremental development and CI/CD).
- A flair for coaching and passing on feedback to team members as a natural part of development, pair programming and pull requests.
- Practical experience with sprint planning and management, build and release pipelines, preferably in Azure DevOps.
- Proficiency in English is required (company language)
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Team worker with excellent communication skills and comfortable with cultural differences. Excellent written and verbal skills as well as an ability to present technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Analytical, with an international mindset and the willingness to embrace change
- Ability to understand complex technical environments and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- A will and a thirst to learn new and emerging technologies
Application and contact information
Send your motivated application and resume no later than 20th February 2022. Interviews takes place on a continuous basis. If you have any questions, please contact IT Manager Bjarne Dahl, tel. +45 20 55 26 71.
Please note that the appointed candidate must go through a mandatory security clearance.
The energy sector in Europe is undergoing a dramatic transition towards the fully carbon neutral, sustainable energy system. The Nordic countries have set particularly stretching targets for the transition during this decade. Nordic RSC is an important contributor to the green transition as the provider of regional power system planning data and security analysis to support the national transmission system operators to ensure the efficient operation of the Nordic Power System and high security of power supply at any time.
Nordic RSC was established in 2017 and is still in a fast development phase. We are an entrepreneurial team of mainly young international professionals. We work closely together with our Nordic colleagues and external partners and aim to deliver results in time to support the energy transition. As a part of our further development, Nordic RSC will be incorporated as an independent company from July 2022.
We have a fun working environment in our office in Copenhagen Towers, Ørestad, and we also offer workplace flexibility to ensure a healthy work-life balance.