Quantitative analyst with solid modelling skills for gas trading team
Do you have hands-on experience modelling and pricing real or financial options? And do you have the drive and ambition to set the direction for the approach to pricing optionality in one of Europe’s biggest structured gas portfolios? Then you might be the quantitative analyst we are looking to welcome in our highly ambitious European Gas Trading unit.
The Gas Modelling & Data team at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company that specialises in power and gas trading and offers balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers. Every day, we complete more than 15,000 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most.
In DC’s Gas Modelling & Data team, we ensure that the traders and portfolio managers always have the best information available to make the right decisions. We build and maintain a large array of tools and models ranging from simple data visualisations and automated workflows to complex mathematical models and pricing engines. Our team is part of the European Gas Trading unit which trades on the spot, prompt and forward gas markets and manages a large portfolio of gas storages, swing options and other structured products. We therefore have a sophisticated landscape of tools and models to optimise the value creation, and we are always developing.
Take the quantitative management of our structured portfolio to the next level!
As our new quantitative analyst, you will get the chance to take the quantitative management of our structured portfolio to the next level. You will be developing and calibrating models to price and risk-manage our existing portfolio and potential new business. Doing so, it is important to recognize that global gas markets are still maturing, and you must know when to apply the scalpel and when to bring out the jackhammer. Furthermore, to succeed in this role, you have to be able to embrace an iterative approach to working as we are continuously improving our solutions. Working with other quants and software developers, you will develop models that can be consolidated in mature software solutions and used by the traders and portfolio managers. You will not be pricing the same type of option every day – you will develop the framework that guides our quantitative approach.
Join a diverse team of ambitious experts
We imagine you have hands-on experience from a similar position or perhaps from a PhD. As a person, you are naturally curious, you don’t shy away from a challenge and you are eager to learn new things. The purpose of the job is to maximise value creation, so a trading mindset and an ability to thrive in a front office environment is a plus. You will be joining an international and diverse team of diligent professionals, who complement each other and care about teaching and helping each other to become even better. Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team while enjoying a great deal of individual responsibility are essential.
- a chance to shape the quantitative approach to managing the portfolio of one of Europe’s leading gas trading teams
- highly competent colleagues who like to share knowledge and support each other
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- set the direction for the quantitative approach to pricing optionality in one of Europe’s biggest structured gas portfolios
- develop models to assist the traders and portfolio managers in their daily tasks
- work with other quants and software developers to consolidate models in robust software tools
- ensure high quality of data consumed by people and tools
We expect that you:
- hold an MSc or PhD in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics-Economics, Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics or similar
- have hands-on experience with modelling and pricing real and/or financial options
- have a deep understanding of modern modelling methods used for pricing and risk management of vanilla and exotic options, including stochastic and local volatility methods
- have a few years of programming experience in a relevant language – Python is a plus
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are curious and have a willingness to continuously grow. We are working in a complex and ever-changing environment and adapting quickly is crucial for success
- have strong communications and collaboration skills and an ability to work with a diverse array of profiles, from traders to quants and software developers
- have a trading mindset and thrive in a fast-paced front office environment
- are a team player, who values working across teams – but you also have the drive to work independently on your own areas of responsibility
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
T: +45 8833 8101
Application deadline: 23/1-2022.