Full Stack Developer
Rewind is a service that protects the data that is driving your business, from a simple side hustle to a successful venture.
Talentiir is recruiting on behalf of Rewind for 8x Full Stack Developers to join their team in Copenhagen, Denmark, or working remotely.
Rewind is looking for 8x motivated Full Stack Developers with different levels of seniority to join their Engineering team. Currently, the team is made up of four small teams of 4-5 people who work together, collaboratively, to build new features and functions for their amazing customers.
Rewind is a service that protects the data that is driving your business, from a simple side hustle to a successful venture. Their focus is on backing up data that lives in the cloud – in apps like Shopify, BigCommerce, and QuickBooks Online. You can read their startup story to learn where they came from and where they are going. For a more technical view, check out their Behind the App feature on the BigCommerce Developers Blog.
Day to day, you will work alongside other members of the team to bring new features to their growing list of services. Rewind is a large system made up of several components that all interwork in harmony. Some ideas they have in the backlog that have not made their way into their services include user management, action auditing, anomaly detection, dynamic reporting, exporting, trend analysis, real-time data translation, copy…
Developing reliable, securable, scalable, supportable code is a must. You will help put out some fires, especially the ones you accidentally created (we value accountability), including incident response and remediation, but your main focus will be the reliability and robustness in all the things you help build. Less-flammable apps; fewer smouldering embers; automated fire suppression.
This job isn’t about moving heaven and earth. Yes, they want you to be proud of running top-flight, healthy products, but they also want you to be kind, considerate, fair, flexible, and calm. Especially in crisis.
Each member of the team is responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with other members of the development team to derive the best possible design to meet requirements
- Implementing, testing, documenting, and maintaining back-end systems for multiple high-traffic services
- Providing constructive feedback in the form of code and design reviews
- Looking for ways to improve their development and deployment processes
- Ensuring security and performance of their products
Here are some real examples of the work Rewind has done lately that might help you to get a better idea of what this job entails:
- Adoption of Shopify’s new versioned API - this one keeps us in business!
- Support for Shopify’s new bulk APIs; this cut their operating costs (fewer servers) and increased the speed of our backups.
- Rewind Copy for QuickBooks; #1 feature request for QuickBooks customers, move your data from here to there and make it easy.
- Rewind API (version 1); services that want to power data resiliency in their apps with Rewind can now do so.
- Hooking Hubspot into various areas of our product to capture customer events for sales/marketing.
- Addressing multiple code and database scaling challenges in the processing of daily backups for our American BigCommerce customers.
- Adding support for new entry level pricing plans that required creating limitations in product functionality.
- Implementing a new first time user experience features to https://app.rewind.io.
- Upgrading all applicable components from Rails 5 to Rails 6.
- Enhancements to our administrative interface (the one that support, sales, and marketing rely on) to bundle customers, change billing plans, and cancel subscriptions.
- Aggregating Webhooks with DynamoDB and SQS Delay Queues
Some of the technologies Rewind uses:
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL APIs
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills, you’re an exceptional communicator, you ideally have prior experience building or maintaining Ruby on Rails-based applications, and you have a curious mind for how things work and what makes them tick.
- You should enjoy making complicated situations simple and painless. You should be a stellar communicator, even when you have to communicate less-than-stellar news. You should have highly tuned senses of compassion and empathy and a drive to constantly help others.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We don’t hire people to fill boxes - each new hire is an opportunity for us to augment our collective perspective and to make Rewind a stronger team… and that is where you come in!
Working at Rewind
They are a dedicated team of talented people supporting some of the largest furniture brands in the world and changing the ecommerce world one product page at a time. They consider themselves the best at what they do. You only get there by attracting great talent, and they expect you to be of the same caliber. They offer a creative, informal work environment with attractive perks and competitive salaries.
Learn more about Rewind at: https://rewind.com/about-us/
Rewind is dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace where all of our teammates can bring their full and authentic selves to work... everyday. As a proud equal opportunity employer, they consider all applicants for employment and certainly invite those who identify as members of underrepresented communities to apply and join our team! And hey - they may not have a role available today that would be exciting to you, but they are growing fast and would love to have you join our talent community.