Experienced Quantitative Analyst for Power Market Analysis
Are you interested in pricing and simulation models for cross-commodity energy trading products? And would you like to work in a team of highly skilled analysts, who enjoy honing their quantitative skills? Then you might be the experienced quant we are looking for!
Power Market Analysis at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is a leading energy trading company. Every day, we complete thousands of trades, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. In the Power Markets Analysis team, we develop quantitative models to forecast power prices, describe market dynamics and price complex products across the European power markets. To provide this essential information to our traders and portfolio managers, we rely on thorough analyses of market fundamentals and robust data solutions. In our daily work, we work side-by-side with the traders, linking trading decisions with quantitative modelling and data. We are now looking for a quantitative analyst with an interest in or experience with pricing of structured cross-commodity products.
Join a team of energy experts
You will join a team with colleagues who have a natural interest in understanding the physicality of energy as a commodity and how it is priced and traded in the markets. The team consists of ten analysts, primarily with a background in Economics, Natural Sciences, Engineering or similar. All our analysts have strong quantitative skills, enabling them to bridge the gap between traders, quantitative modelling and data. We are looking to welcome a new colleague who has strong programming skills and, preferably, experience with pricing and hedging of derivatives and structured cross-commodity products.
Accelerate your quantitative analytical development
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to DC, to the team, your tasks and our existing tools, models and databases. Building on your previous work experience, you will also be surrounded by energy trading experts and some of the best quantitative analysts in the industry, so we ensure that you succeed in your new role. On the longer term, you will get the opportunity to increase your area of responsibility and to proactively add to our option pricing framework. You will also be able to analyse and optimise our cross-commodity product portfolio.
"THIS IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN AN INTERNATIONAL TRADING ENVIRONMENT AND SEE HOW YOUR WORK DIRECTLY IMPACTS TRADING DECISIONS." - MARTIN JUHL, HEAD OF POWER MARKETS ANALYSIS.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- develop pricing and simulation models for structured cross-commodity energy trading products
- develop and back-test hedging strategies and trading tools
- support the pricing and reporting process
- continuously identify and implement operational optimisations
We expect that you:
- hold Ph.D. or master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- have experience with derivatives valuation and hedging
- preferably, have experience working with energy or commodities
- have extensive programming experience in Python, R, Matlab or similar
- have extensive experience with SQL or similar
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- employ a holistic approach to your job and understand how the models and tools made impact the trading process
- are structured, a logical thinker and mathematically well-grounded – you will work with great amounts of data which require a solid processing and understanding of numbers
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
JOBSTART & TYPE
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
GET IN TOUCH
Manager, Head of Power Markets Analysis
T: +45 8833 8181
Application deadline: 12/2