Area Director IT Service Management
We are looking for a strong leader who will be accountable for IT service management, including maintenance and upgrades, across BEC in cooperation with BEC stakeholders and BEC customers.
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC you will be part of a transformation of our organization and tech solutions.
We are looking for an Area Director, IT Service Management ready to share and grow
As Area Director, IT Service Management you will be based at BEC’s head office in Roskilde, and you will report to the Head of Infrastructure and Business Optimization (I&BO), René Munk-Nissen. Hence, you will be part of the I&BO management team. The role has five direct reports and heads an organization with a total of 80 – 100 dedicated employees.
BEC is a large IT organization consisting of a total of approx. 1.600 employees based in Denmark and Poland. Parts of IT operations are outsourced to JN Data, of which BEC is part owner
To succeed in the role, you must organize and manage performance of people, processes, and technology, as well as set up and maintain delivery strategy and an area organization to deliver on IT service management backlog.
It is essential that you can develop and drive a culture of cross functional collaboration and coordination and lead and empower tech-savvy, high performing employees with clear roles, responsibilities, and processes across the value chain.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
In the position as Area Director, IT Service Management, you will work closely with peers, managers and team members within your own area as well as customers, management teams in the development organization, BEC Operations Board, BEC’s Architecture division, HR and Finance.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Define and implement a strategy to drive adoption of service management and operational best practices relevant to BEC customers and stakeholders
- Give input and ultimate commitment on scope, budget, and timeline for delivery of entire area backlog
- On area level, set challenging goals, remove impediments, and improve collaboration across teams
- Ensure teams have necessary budget, resources, approvals, and other support
- Communicate with key stakeholders and collect and share feedback
- Proactively identify and prioritize high-level maintenance tasks to ensure systems are in good condition
- Manage timely resolution of critical problems with the different platforms
- Help manage technical risks and dependencies across teams
- Escalate impediments to stakeholders as needed
- Ensure development is in line with architectural guidelines
- Ensure solutions are scalable and flexible to enable future growth
We are looking for clear, present, helpful and firm leadership
Preferably, you have an educational background at master’s level within IT or another relevant field of study and at least five years of experience from a similar position working with leading an IT Service Management organization.
Based on your professional and personal competencies, it is essential that you in the position:
- Support the transformation of BEC as part of the leadership team
- Live and lead BEC leadership foundation
- Ensure transparency on decisions, progress, and results
- Build high performing teams to effectively deliver backlog and define the mission in your area
- Ensure professional, personal, and technical development for teams & leadership
- Understand the end-to-end delivery of IT services to customers
- Demonstrate a financial mindset
- Bring a strong understanding of IT services and landscape
- Focus on customers and understand customer requirements within IT services
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master English and at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than February 10th 2022. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Talent & Workforce Partner Anders Rud Skak-Arnstrup on +45 23 80 06 44.