KMD Architecture Academy
Do you have a passion for IT, and want to pursue a career within IT architecture? Do you have IT experience, or maybe you recently finished a relevant IT education? Then you came to the right place!
The road to become an architect can be confusing at times. The options are many, and there is rarely a direct or obvious path into IT architecture. However, that is all about to change! In KMD, we have launched our Architecture Academy, offering talented candidates a fast-track program to become an IT architect.
We are looking for talented and ambitious candidates with some IT experience either from education or professional work to kick-start their career with our Academy Program within solutions architecture. The program offers you a combination of technology trainings, mentoring, certification, and hands-on experience with our customer’s IT projects.
As part of the KMD Architecture Academy, you will gain knowledge and skills within several areas of IT infrastructure and become acquainted with different technologies. You will obtain a large professional network as well as the opportunity to work with some of the most skilled experts in the industry.
During the program, you will follow the individual development path of one of the following roles:
- SAP Solution Architect
- Network / Security Solution Architect
- Public Cloud Solution Architect
- Private Cloud / Infrastructure Solution Architect
- Application Solution Architect
- Business Architect
After the program completion you will transition to fully qualified Architect in accordance with your development path followed on the Academy Program.
The program starts on the continuous basis and the duration is individually adjusted to your needs and progress. Your workplace will be in one of KMDs offices in Ballerup, Aalborg, Aarhus or Odense.
What to expect
The program will be designed individually on top of your current skills, but expect to:
- Receive trainings based on your skills and competencies’ needs.
- Engage directly with international stakeholders and partners to deliver value towards our customers.
- Deep dive into technical areas.
- Work closely with a dedicated mentor to support your development.
- Apply your knowledge to real-life business cases.
- Get the opportunity to work on local and global projects.
- Access technical training courses (e.g. AWS, Azure, ITIL, TOGAF etc.)
Moreover, you will:
- Learn how to ensure that all required architectural decisions are made, documented, and implemented in a timely manner.
- Get introduced to all KMD services and all KMD´s business areas of service delivery in a SIAM set up, including sales, design, implementation, and operations.
- Learn to act as a consultant and trusted advisor for KMD solutions & external customers with focus on challenging and transforming business requirements into holistic solutions.
- Work with major services such as Cloud, IT Infrastructure, Security, Network, SAP systems, Applications and Business Architecture and a lot more!
We are looking for talented and ambitious candidates, passionate about technology with IT experience either from education or professional work.
You are good candidate, if you are dedicated and focused, and you want to start a career as an IT architect - delivering business critical IT projects to our many customers.
- Most important: you are eager to learn!
- You have a relevant degree or IT professional experience and have achieved good results.
- You have an analytical approach to problem-solving.
- You are committed, self-driven and focused on quality.
- You have good English and Danish skills, both verbal and written.
We give you an opportunity to challenge yourself and set yourself up for a great career within an area in high demand. Your learning curve will be steep, and you will add value from day one.
We also offer you:
- A dedicated training and mentoring program, individually tailored to you.
- Management support and commitment to help develop your career.
- Participation in KMD Architecture Community, where you have access to 60+ very skilled architects.
In KMD, we believe in flexible working conditions, and our employees are given the opportunity for remote work and flexible work hours where it makes sense. Through dialogue with each other, we find out how to schedule our work life so that it makes sense for the business, the team and the employee. We call this principle KMD Life.
The hiring process
Application: Apply by filling in the application form, and uploading your CV.
1st round: Interview with Architecture Academy Program Leads and match with the position in the track, that we believe is the best fit for your profile. The match is based on the information you give us in your application and during 1st interview, and it is therefore important that you make it clear to us which areas within IT Architecture you are most interested in and what experience you have in the field.
Testing: You will be asked to prepare a case that you will present during 2nd interview. You will also be asked to complete a short cognitive test (it takes only 12 minutes).
2nd round: Upon the recommendation to the specific path mentioned earlier, you will be invited for the 2nd interview with the dedicated Team Lead.
KMD is one of Denmark’s largest software companies and a leading supplier of mission-critical software solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark’s public sector but with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordics. We have played a key role in digitizing Denmark for almost half a century.
KMD is owned by the Japanese NEC Corporation and is a dynamic private business with approximately 3200 employees across Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Poland. Among KMD’s subsidiaries are BanqSoft, Edlund and Charlie Tango.
Check out KMD as a workplace here.
Curious to know more?
Check out more of KMD Architecture Academy Program HERE.
For any academy/ job-related questions, feel free to reach out to Solution Architect Kasper Thulesen: email@example.com.
If you have any hiring-related questions, feel free to reach out to Senior Recruitment Partner Thiller Mette Kops Pedersen: +45 2277 3092.
KMD is the largest Danish-based IT company that develops and delivers software, solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark's public and financial sector and with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordic region. Our unique domain knowledge, reliability and approach to security and operational stability make KMD today one of the most recognized and used suppliers in the Danish IT industry.
KMD's solutions help streamline processes and create better service for customers every day all year round. For example, our systems handle payments of wages and social benefits. In total, it will be about 400 billion kroner a year, which equates to more than 20 % of Denmark's GDP. The KMD Group has an annual turnover of more than 4 billion Danish kroner and has about 3,500 employees.
KMD's head office is in Ballerup, but also has offices in Odense, Aarhus and Aalborg. In addition, KMD also has employees in Poland, and partners in India. KMD is owned by NEC - a global leader in integrating cutting-edge IT and networking technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. Nec employs more than 100,000 people globally.
KMD's size means that we offer a wide variety of professional challenges and a unique professional environment. With great know-how in complex areas of work and competent, ambitious and not least innovative employees, KMD is facing an international journey with the NEC. In KMD, we not only try to meet our customers' expectations, but strive to exceed them.
In KMD we expect to align with our employees through goal agreements and ongoing dialogue. It contributes to the mutual trust it takes to give our employees freedom under responsibility, flexibility and space to be who they are. KMD is a constant changing company where pace, agility and unknown parameters are a part of our everyday.