IT Security Graduate
Are you ready to make your mark on the digitalization of the future and contribute to developing cutting-edge technology that improves the lives of millions of people? Our world is IT and technology, and we love it! If you share the same passion, then KMD might be the place to kickstart your career! Join our graduate program at the beginning of September 2022.
KMD Graduate Program 2022
The KMD Graduate Program is a customized and structured program for professional development and learning. The graduate program is here to develop and grow some of KMD’s future talented specialists and leaders by providing a framework for accelerated career development.
“Through the Graduate Program I have been given the opportunity to work on a large-scale project. It has been a steep learning curve and my colleagues have been a key support making my entry to KMD a success.” - Andreas Hald, Graduate Developer, 2021.
As a graduate in KMD, you hold a business-critical position throughout the 18-month-long program. You are exposed to real life IT and business problems, and you work hands-on to create solutions, solve issues and collaborate with a variety of people, both externally and internally.
The KMD Graduate Program 2022 covers many different positions, you can read about the other available positions here.
IT Security Graduate
As an Information Security Graduate, you support KMD business in Information Security, some examples:
- Risk identification and risk handling (IT and Cyber risks)
- Security measures related to personal data (GDPR)
- Defining and delivering security awareness programs
- Creating and running Phishing campaigns
- Participant in security projects
- Supporting decision making in our Security Boards and working groups
- Creating reports and data to stakeholders and decision makers related to security
- Development of new security services.
About the team
You will be member of the Information Security team which is part of KMD Group Security, Risk and Compliance with +30 persons. You will have colleagues in Ballerup, but also in our location in Warsaw (KMD Poland). You will be part of a large team with competent specialists to learn from. In KMD Group Security, Risk & Compliance we have the overall responsibility for it- and information security in KMD and associated companies. Group Security, Risk & Compliance consists of units that work closely together, including the DPO Office, Group Internal Audit, Integrated Management System, Security Incident Management and Cyber Defence Center.
What’s in it for you?
In the role as Information Security Graduate you will get the opportunity to support KMD’s journey towards becoming an international company with product sales abroad. You will make a difference with your work tasks to improve security in KMD, and in our products and services. You will be part of a large IT organization with competent colleagues. You will learn about newest technology in the area of security and will work in areas that affects society.
The graduate program is an excellent opportunity to move out of your comfort zone and fast-track your personal and professional development. This is ensured through different elements of the graduate program:
- Skills and knowledge: In your specific job you will hold a business-critical position where you will acquire a vast technical skill set and develop a profound knowledge within your area.
- Development and support: You will follow a structured development program tailored by your manager to ensure your satisfaction and personal growth. You will be assigned a mentor and a buddy, who will support your development, introduce you to the KMD culture and ensure that you get the necessary training and introduction to the department.
- Fun and networking: You will be part of an engaged graduate community where we have fun, and where you get a great opportunity to network with your peers and get a better understanding of the KMD organization.
- Flexibility: In KMD, we believe in flexible working conditions, and our employees are given the opportunity for remote work and flexible work hours where it makes sense.
- The first step in your career: You will be offered a permanent position within your field once you have completed the program.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for talented and ambitious candidates with minimum Bachelor degree within or another relevant field of study. To be considered for the program you must have graduated between the summer of 2020 and September 2022.
If you are a future Information Security Graduate, you will be able to identify with the following:
- You are passionate and curious about technology
- You aim for the best solution while presenting a high level of interest, engagement, and enthusiasm
- You work to challenge the status quo by generating new ideas and solutions
- You have great communication skills in both English and Danish
- You have a drive and strong will to develop.
KMD is one of Denmark’s largest software companies and a leading supplier of mission-critical software solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark’s public sector but with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordics. We have played a key role in digitizing Denmark for almost half a century.
KMD is owned by the Japanese NEC Corporation and is a dynamic private business with approximately 3200 employees across Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Poland. Among KMD’s subsidiaries are BanqSoft, Edlund and Charlie Tango.
Check out KMD as a workplace here.
Want to know more?
Application: Apply by filling in the application form, and uploading your CV, motivational letter, and certificates (including your grades) in either English or Danish. If you have not yet finished your education, please upload your latest grades.
Deadline: 5th of June, 2022.
If you have any questions, regarding the role, feel free to reach out to Ulrik Vangstrup at +45 4268 0569.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or the graduate program, you can reach out to Recruitment Partner Amalie Frølund Lindegaard at +45 31 23 30 87.
KMD (an NEC company) is committed to providing equal opportunities. Hence, we invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. At KMD all aspects of employment and cooperation including the decision to hire /cooperate with will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected under local anti-discrimination legislation.
KMD is the largest Danish-based IT company that develops and delivers software, solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark's public and financial sector and with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordic region. Our unique domain knowledge, reliability and approach to security and operational stability make KMD today one of the most recognized and used suppliers in the Danish IT industry.
KMD's solutions help streamline processes and create better service for customers every day all year round. For example, our systems handle payments of wages and social benefits. In total, it will be about 400 billion kroner a year, which equates to more than 20 % of Denmark's GDP. The KMD Group has an annual turnover of more than 4 billion Danish kroner and has about 3,500 employees.
KMD's head office is in Ballerup, but also has offices in Odense, Aarhus and Aalborg. In addition, KMD also has employees in Poland, and partners in India. KMD is owned by NEC - a global leader in integrating cutting-edge IT and networking technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. Nec employs more than 100,000 people globally.
KMD's size means that we offer a wide variety of professional challenges and a unique professional environment. With great know-how in complex areas of work and competent, ambitious and not least innovative employees, KMD is facing an international journey with the NEC. In KMD, we not only try to meet our customers' expectations, but strive to exceed them.
In KMD we expect to align with our employees through goal agreements and ongoing dialogue. It contributes to the mutual trust it takes to give our employees freedom under responsibility, flexibility and space to be who they are. KMD is a constant changing company where pace, agility and unknown parameters are a part of our everyday.