Solution Architect for our Group & Finance Systems
Job Req Number: 50435
Time Type: Full Time
Do you want to actively drive IT transformation initiatives and work on a wide range of interesting business challenges with key stakeholders across all management levels?
Finance & Group Systems has 100+ employees and owns DSV’s global ERP, HR, and Compliance systems. As a Solution Architect you will play a key role in defining and enforcing global DSV architecture principles and working on the continuous improvement of DSV’s IT landscape.
DSV is on a fantastic growth journey. Our IT architecture is constantly evolving, and we are looking for a trusted advisor who can analyze complex business challenges/requirements and produce designs and specifications to allow them to be solved.
Working with many stakeholders across Finance & Group Systems and across DSV
Joining Finance & Group Systems in Hedehusene, Denmark, you will join an existing community of Solution Architects who collaborate closely with our key stakeholders in the business. You will further be liaising with many of our IT vendors as well as DSV’s Global Enterprise Architecture team.
Speaking at internal expert review forums and advocating for strong architectural principles
As Solution Architect, you will create solution designs and present them to relevant expert forums for review and approval. You will further act as a strong advocate of architectural principles, raising awareness and being a knowledge resource to stakeholders with less business/IT experience. Finally, you will focus on continuously improving our existing architecture and keeping it well-documented.
Your detailed responsibilities will be to:
- Challenge, influence and support our stakeholders to solve issues and help realize the company vision
- Specify technologies and application architecture as basis for application development/configuration & implementation
- Design and communicate architecture designs for new solutions – while ensuring the designs adhere to design guidelines
- Identify relevant solution scenarios and translate them into architectural models and roadmaps aligned to DSV’s guiding principles
- Work with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions, and help verifying the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture
- Produce and maintain solution documentation in alignment with DSV’s documentation standards and IT strategy and drive solution implementation according to these designs
- Obtain approval of solution designs via various architectural forums
We imagine that you have relevant experience from previous positions as a Solution Architect. Your qualifications will include:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 3-6 years of experience architecting or leading complicated projects
- Strong analytical skills in mastering multi-functional highly scalable systems
- Broad understanding of computer science, modern technologies and methodologies, multi-tenant applications and database technologies
- Hands-on experience as solution architect and proven results of strong communication skills to articulate, rationalize, visualize, and document architectural decisions and designs
- Work experience with several of the following: API integration, Legacy to Micro-service, Event Management, Agile development paradigm, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Business process management, architectural modelling
Your interactions with colleagues and stakeholders are characterized by the following:
- Strong ability to understand complex business problems, and translate and communicate them to all layers of the organization
- Ambitious and creative, taking new approaches to problem solving
- Act as a system thinker with a holistic approach
- Pragmatic approach to balance the transformation towards a to-be architecture while maintaining the current services
- Ability to easily communicate on and switch between levels of abstraction depending on the target group and/or project stage
- Fact-based, result oriented and diplomatic with the ability to act in an often-complex business environment
- High energy, a can-do attitude, stamina as well as strong intellectual and inter-personal capabilities
- Strong communication skills and are business fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Lead Solution Architect, Christian Rønn Jensen on 45 2528 8961.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com.