Cloud Specialist/Software Architect
Do you want the opportunity to influence the technological development and become a partner in a fast-growing power trading company?
Do you have solid infrastructure experience with Azure?
Then you may be the Cloud Specialist/Software Architect we are looking for to architect the software that constitutes the foundation for our power trading strategies.
Team up with the best
Yggdrasil specializes in short-term power trading where extreme volatility is the norm. The markets are constantly evolving presenting new insights and growth opportunities. To match the fast pace, we need our software to be up to speed.
We are one of the top performing participants in the field. Following a four-year track record of successful power trading in the U.S., Europe, and Japan, we are now looking for a Cloud Specialist/Software Architect to further develop the IT set up to support and scale our state-of-the-art software stack.
The philosophy at Yggdrasil is to have a purely data-driven approach to power trading. All trading strategies are backtested, automized, and executed in the Cloud.
We offer a unique opportunity and are looking for a dedicated candidate with genuine enthusiasm for solving complex problems to join our collaborative and high-performing team.
Overall, you will have a very central role, as you get to shape the technological direction of the company.
Responsibilities and tasks
As our Cloud Specialist/Software Architect, you will join a team of highly skilled and experienced IT specialists.
You will have the responsibility for our Cloud infrastructure as well as
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performing, maintainable code in C# / .NET
- Develop and support software, including applications, database integrations, exchange interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Deploy software in a well-established Continuous Delivery environment with automated tests
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a similar Cloud position
- Good understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- Experience from a trading company in the energy or financial business is a plus, but not a prerequisite
Additionally, you love to work in some of these fields
- Networking: NSG’s, VNet’s, Peering, Subnets, VPNs/Tunnels
- Containerization: Azure Container Apps, Functions, Container Instances, AKS
- Security: Managed Identities, Zero Trust Security, SSO, Conditional Access
- Data: Manage 300TB+ data in different databases
We expect that you:
- Have a passion for IT, data, and the Cloud.
- Are a team player that can also work independently.
- Share our Cloud Native philosophy.
- Are reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- The opportunity to work with highly skilled colleagues with more than 90 years’ experience in the global energy markets and 60 years’ experience with software development
- The opportunity to join our partner program and become co-owner of Yggdrasil. Our goal is for all our senior employees to be partners, no matter your role
- Support and encouragement for you to further develop your skills and your career.
- An informal work environment with a great atmosphere where we respect and trust each other. Your opinion counts and everyone is being asked and heard
- Great influence on your workday and tasks
- A competitive and attractive salary package
Why join Yggdrasil
At Yggdrasil, we see the world as our playground. We dare to be different; we explore the impossible. Our focus is power trading, and we have a true data-driven approach to everything we do. We do not own assets or have customers to bill or handle.
IT is the backbone of our business, and the trading strategies state how we trade. Data rules and the best P&L graph clears the table. We like to call that “algo before ego.”
We have a true startup attitude with a flat organization. We benefit from strong values emanating from what we do, and how we work.
We like to think that this is not a job; this is an adventure. By joining us, you get to be part of our exciting journey.
Job start is as soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an on-going basis. Upload your application today via the link below.
Learn more about Yggdrasil and meet your future colleagues. Visit us on LinkedIn.