Development Lead for software that builds software
We invite you to bring your broader development expertise into play as you in collaboration with engineers and software developers will contribute to Ramboll’s solutions through modern websites and applications. To be successful in the job, it is crucial that you have practical business experience with web development and dare to challenge your colleagues' good ideas in a professionally and competent dialogue.
Are you our new Development Lead? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
You will join our department for Data and Technology
As our new Development Lead, you will be part of an experienced software team consisting of 5 employees in Copenhagen. The team develops and operates software solutions both in-house and to many of our clients in collaboration with the rest of the corporation. Solutions are primarily built on Microsoft technologies.
The team is a part of a department which additionally consists of a Reality Capture team and a GIS & Data Science team. In your role, you will have broad contact with the entire department as well as the rest of the organization.
Your role as a Development Lead:
- Link between engineering and software
- To be deeply involved with our efforts to enable and optimise automated software development through the Automation Engine that generally reduces the need for coding and data modelling where 90% of the application is built through a drag-and-drop interface.
- Get involved with Ramboll’s core ERP systems that are built with this approach
- Provide client-oriented software solutions using the Automation Engine
- Join collaboration projects with our development teams in India
- Drive implementation of new technologies in our competence pool
- Initiate new development projects for the benefit of Ramboll
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. We imagine that you are a strong developer with a deep interest in state-of-the-art technologies for software development and have the desire to pull our solutions in that direction.
For this role, we believe that your starting point is 5+ years of practical business experience with web development and preferably knowledge of data science:
- A relevant Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Solid communication skills in both Danish and English
- Preferable experience with working in local/offshore set-ups
- You are cloud oriented, primarily Azure, and have a broad knowledge of cloud-based development tools
- You have practical experience of developing in C#
- You are an experienced full stack developer prepared quickly to adopt any language required for any particular purpose
- It is a plus if you have experience with software development from consulting houses.
Your experience as a developer is more crucial than your education. However, we emphasize that you can acquire new knowledge yourself and have the courage to further develop your skills. To succeed in the job, it is also important that you are able to understand the needs of different stakeholders and translate these into real development initiatives. You must also thrive in a workday where you interact with many people.
What we offer you:
- You will become an integral part of Data & Technology, which is a professional community of technical skilled specialists that place an emphasis on well-being and development.
- In the first year, you will be a significant part of an important high-profile project for Data & Technology, where you will be a driving force together with the project team to get the project to the goal.
- High degree of flexibility of working hours and working from home opportunities.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945, with 16,500 employees globally. In Denmark, we are 3,700 colleagues delivering innovative solutions within Architecture and Landscape, Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment and Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to sustainable solutions, that provide value for our clients, end-users and society as a whole.
Contact for questions before applying
If you have any question regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Frederik Marthedal Christiansen by email at FRMC@ramboll.dk or phone: +45 51 61 45 53.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.