Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for making decarbonizing energy easy
Our vision is to empower the households in the race to reach net zero CO2 emissions by 2050 by creating a positive domino effect though active engagement, insights, and the power of green technology. In a future of 100% renewable energy, we need to make optimal energy use easy and accessible for everybody.
The Watts platform are built on cutting edge soft- and hardware with differentiation in mind, providing our partners with endless capabilities to engage with their customers in creative and meaningful ways. The Watts AI platform is at the core, powering the future of energy where electrons and bits are closely orchestrated.
We are an agile scale up green tech company with an ecosystem of great partners around the world. We are backed and powered by Andel, the largest cooperatively owned energy company in Denmark.
At Watts we are building the energy technology of tomorrow. Currently our digital energy assistant app has more than 225.000 users in Denmark alone. We engage with utility companies and energy companies around the world. Our suite of products includes the digital Watts AI platform, Watts Live - a real-time insight into energy, Watts Home - the future of decentral and democratic green energy including local energy production, EV charging, household, and community optimisation.
We have partnerships & dev operations around the world including Lithuania, Poland, Norway, US, and Australia. in 2021 we were awarded Microsoft partner of the year in the enabling sustainability category.
How will I make a difference?
Unlocking the potential of distributed energy systems in the green energy transition though technology is close to your heart, and you possess an urge to make the world a better place for coming generations.
The fulfilment of the Watts vision highly depends on a reliable platform to ensure the necessary credibility of the system for both users and business partners. As site reliability engineer you will become the lead on ensuring a reliable platform while also improving it as it grows over time.
In close collaboration with development teams the responsibility will cover how code is deployed, configured, and monitored, as well as the availability, latency, change management, emergency response, and capacity management of services in production. You will always be looking for ways to enhance and automate operations tasks to minimize the risk of errors and system downtime.
What skills will I put into action?
- bring your experience and knowledge on site reliability engineering into action to ensure scalability and high availability, together with your ability to anticipate and mitigate potential bottlenecks and problems in a proactive manner
- your skills and vast experience with .NET/C# development and software testing. Work experience with the Microsoft Azure platform will be highly beneficial
- leverage your work experience with automated monitoring to enhance visibility in service performance and define relevant alerts. We use Azure Application Insights and Grafana
- your ability to mentor developers to create reliable services, assisting in deployment, setup proper monitoring capabilities and design dashboards and alerts
- your focus on identifying the root-cause when a problem occurs and afterward ensure preventive measures. Problem-solving is always part of your mindset and the job is not done until a stable solution is reached.
What will you get from us?
- the opportunity to work in an international-minded green tech company with purpose-driven colleagues who all share the same vision to innovate and deliver solutions which directly contributes to the green transition
- a flexible workplace located in central Køge with the possibility to work from home
Join us on our journey
We believe in the power of our people, that's why we have a flat organisation making it possible to make fast and informed decisions close to the frontline. At Watts, we empower people to have choices around when and where they work.
Our view is the more inclusive we are, the better suited we will be on our mission. Our teams are diverse in experience, skills, perspectives, colour & gender and we recognise talent based on merit and potential – not age, gender, or impressive track records.
We know humble people can come with a huge potential. So even if you don't tick every box but are passionate about joining us - and think you have much of what we're looking for, we will love to hear from you.
If you want to know more don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Bjerg, Head of P&D at Rasmus.firstname.lastname@example.org.