Software Development Engineer
Would you like to create software used by world’s biggest space agencies?
At TICRA, we strive to evolve and collaborate to develop state-of-the-art software that enables space agencies and spacecraft manufacturers to create high-performance antennas in space and on the ground.
We are looking for a talented Windows/Linux/Mac C++ programmer with experience in user interface design with Qt and excellent Software Architecture skills. You know Model/View/Controller architecture, you know how to use multi-threading and asynchronous interfaces—and when not to. Your role will be a mix of creating user interfaces and data visualizations to our constantly evolving electromagnetic modelling and analysis methods and working in the middle layers with data file and backend access. You will be part of our GUI development team and work in collaboration with our antenna specialists in all phases of the software development process from requirements specification to building final releases.
Get to work with the brightest in the business
You get to work with experts in antenna theory and computational electromagnetics. They develop the algorithms and the data that your user interface controls and presents. In this role, you will be part of TICRA’s growing front end team of 5-6 user interface developers.
- Analyse, design and implement all aspects of the user interface for our antenna modelling applications
- Maintain and improve the quality of the existing code base
- Maintain and develop automated user tests and unit tests
- Assist in our cross platform build system, tools chain and continuous integration system maintenance where relevant
- You are a citizen of a NATO/EU country
- MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
- Excellent C++ programming skills and modern standards (C++-20)
- Excellent with Software Architecture and designing testable and reusable software components
- Ability to work with an existing code base and eager to further improve it
- Experience with graphical user interface and multi-platform development in Qt
- Experience with developing software for Linux
- Experience with OpenGL and Qt3D
- Experience with threaded and parallel programming
- Experience with code review process
- Experience with scripting environments such as Python
- Experience with automated tests and continuous integration
Why join TICRA
We offer you a unique opportunity to work in a knowledge-driven company that has delivered state-of-the- art software products to the global satellite industry for half a century. You will work alongside some of the best engineers in the field, who are passionate about their work and focused on knowledge sharing and teamwork. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for TICRA’s employees, which allows for a good balance between work and family life and development of professional and personal skills in an international and social working environment.
Application and contact
Please send your application and CV in English to via “Apply now” before August 31. Mark your email with “Software Development Engineer” in the subject line. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Jacob Lorensen, Team Lead, on telephone number +45 53821624 or via email email@example.com.
TICRA is the world's leading supplier of consultancy and software for reflector antenna modelling and mission planning within the satellite industry, including spacecraft manufacturers, earth-station antenna suppliers, defence industries and research institutions.
TICRA’s skilled antenna engineers regularly take the lead on research and development projects for ESA (European Space Agency) and with more than 50 years of experience, TICRA continues to be at the forefront of developing trusted solutions for the space industry. Our software packages have become the industry standard for leading spacecraft manufacturers and space agencies around the world.
TICRA is a dynamic company with 40 employees located in central Copenhagen, Denmark, and with sales agents around the world.
For more information about TICRA, please visit www.ticra.com.