Business Support Specialist - kickstart your career in the space between business and IT
Job Req Number: 53728
Have you recently graduated, and are you looking for a role where you can develop your skills in stakeholder, project and strategic management?
Then come join our team of trusted advisors.
“Some experience is preferred, but what we’re really looking for is potential – the potential to become a future business relationship manager who can advocate for changes in IT and deep-dive into applications, cross-organisational stakeholder management and digital project realisations.” – Henrik Schou, Director
Who we are
We work in an international environment and collaborate closely with our colleagues within IT and DSV business verticals. Today, Global IT has more than 2200 employees located across the globe. From our headquarters in Hedehusene, Denmark, you will be joining the Business Relationship Management team, which is part of the Commercial Applications & Integrations department in DSV Global IT. We are dedicated to creating transparency and advocating for changes in IT that can optimise business areas within our domain.
In other words, the team is here to support and advise stakeholders across the organisation in making the right decisions on IT-related matters. This spans IT disciplines such as projects, licences, vendor selection and application strategies. We focus on having an open and honest approach to our collaboration within the team and with colleagues across the organisation, and we welcome diversity and human viewpoints.
Analyse, document and communicate opportunities for improvements
A large part of our work consists of building key insights on projects, processes and systems as well as providing advice on opportunities and challenges.
As our new business support specialist, you will add your unique experience and work ethic to various analytical and administrative areas such as, but not limited to:
- Supporting the consolidation of our application portfolio by continuously maintaining and updating application information and joining application selection committees – especially when acquiring new companies
- Preparing communication material and KPIs
- Analysing data and presenting executive summaries and recommendations for improvements
- Coordinating our software licences as well as selected digital projects
- Collaborating across DSV, both in an organisational and geographical sense
“Over time, you get to meet and connect with colleagues from different parts of the organisation. You will obtain insights into our operational setup, processes and governance models in the space between business and IT. This is a unique opportunity to grow and gain a deep understanding of how digital technology supports the DSV business. In the longer run, we will be sure to further develop your skills according to your motivation and talent,” Henrik continues.
A curious mindset and a nose for business
We are looking for a team member who is investigative by nature and always ready to seek out opportunities for improvements – both in business and when it comes to your own skills. You should have an outgoing personality, enjoy connecting with others to share ideas, and not be afraid to push for what you believe.
At the same time, you should understand that new ideas must be supported by solid evidence.
As such, you should be devoted and happy to work with certain repetitive aspects of business partnering, including making presentations and working on business analysis on a regular basis.
You should be flexible and thrive in an environment prone to frequent change, knowing that these bring new opportunities to learn, grow and shine. With an organised mindset combined with your drive to execute, you always deliver high-quality digital materials on time.
Furthermore, we assume that you:
- Have recently graduated with a master’s degree in business administration, computer science or similar, e.g., cand.scient.oecon. or cand.merc.
- Have knowledge of process optimisation, and you are preferably familiar with IT service delivery and the software development lifecycle
- Could have some experience in a larger IT organisation, either through student jobs, internships or your first full-time job, related to e.g., project management, business partnering or the like
- Are well-versed in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel, and possibly even Power BI for data analysis
- Are fluent in English and have great communication skills
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director Henrik Schou on +45 25 41 66 09.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com.