Manager for core customer-facing application
Do you want to bring your leadership skills and software development experience into play in a global team bringing a business-critical application to the next level?
We are looking for a highly talented and qualified manager for the eDC team, which is responsible for a major purchase order management system in DSV. Besides people leadership and acting as IT Service Owner, you will also recruit your own team to expand our development capacity.
Working alongside a global team of developers, supporters, and consultants you will bring this most critical application to the next level, adding new features and modernizing existing ones. As part of the Lead Logistic IT Management team, you will play an active part in setting the direction for Lead Logistic IT in DSV.
Set the direction and create transparency
Besides leading and developing your teams, you will be responsible for stakeholder management towards the product owner of the application. In the process, you will create transparency towards the business and function as a link between Global IT and the rest of the business stakeholders.
More specifically, you will:
- Be a people manager of the Software development and IT support team located across the globe.
- Work as IT Service Owner being accountable for daily operational and development tasks, both from technical leadership and people management perspectives.
- Acting as Senior Supplier representing IT and ensuring deliveries in various DSV projects
- Define and execute IT strategy and roadmaps of Purchase Order Management systems in DSV to support Business.
- Reporting to the senior management in Denmark, supporting DSV Business through the Product Owner, and seeking for all opportunities to improve the quality of deliveries, and strive to meet critical deadlines
You will be based at our Headquarters in Hedehusene and can expect 10-20 travel days a year.
Experienced people leader with IT knowledge
As a leader, you are independent as well as well-grounded, and you know how to execute and act in a global IT organization. You are structured which enables you to make the necessary and right decisions. Furthermore, you can build and lead a team across borders. Also, you can ensure transparency allowing all involved business stakeholders to get insight into deliveries and processes.
- Have solid experience of leading software development and support teams with the scale of 10-15 FTEs, including people management, talent development, FTE budgeting.
- Have experience in defining IT strategy and technical roadmap of applications.
- Have solid knowledge and experiences of Agile SCRUM and ITIL.
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Join a global IT organisation
Global IT is a growing and integral part of the operations of DSV, one of the world’s largest logistics providers. With around 2000 employees spread all over the world, we collectively make one of Denmark’s largest IT organisations.
Each day, we work to constantly achieve new breakthroughs and provide new intelligent products for our customers. We continuously utilise our knowledge and skills to enhance our technological capabilities, boost our position in the industry, and accelerate the growth and success of DSV. With talented teams, a booming innovation lab and technological portfolio, we offer our employees the chance to boost their careers by developing and exposing themselves to intelligent state-of-the-art technologies, implemented on a global scale across DSV’s vast international network.
At DSV, we play a significant role in global logistics operations as one of the world’s largest transport and logistics providers. Looking forward, we are on a mission to become a technological leader within our field, setting the standard for the rest of the industry.
Are you up for the challenge of making DSV an industry leader in technology? Then “Forward Your Career” and join us today.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director, Lead Logistic IT Michael Pedersen on +45 20 70 30 49.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com