Software Project Manager
Great opportunity for an experienced Software Project Manager to lead Embedded Software projects aligned with Shure’s growing Integrated Systems product portfolio.
Shure has an ambitious goal of offering our customers innovative ecosystems of top-quality products. In Copenhagen, our Embedded team design and develop high quality audio networked products, that will support our ecosystems.
In your role as Software Project Manager, you will contribute as an expert at leading and managing activities of Software Development Project Teams following Shure’s product development process. You will be responsible and accountable for the successful completion of Projects within committed boundaries and to organizational quality standards.
- Lead Software development projects through the development process from requirement gathering, UX development, implementation, testing and public release. Various projects may include complexities related to:
- Technical engineering requirements
- Managing shared code development that may be used on multiple projects
- Management of multiple concurrent projects
- Manage cross-functional teams focused on delivering new, or upgrading existing products by utilizing standard project management tools and templates (based on the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe))
- Lead and guide agile teams to follow the Scrum ceremonies
- Provide project reports, prepare collateral materials, and present status updates for project governance bodies and other stakeholders on a regular basis. Negotiate changes to project scope, timelines, or budget as necessary
- Lead teams with members in various locations and time zones
- Coordinate and manage project manpower estimations, budget, risk, and task duration to determine overall project cost to ensure projects adhere to plan. Approve project expenditures as necessary
- Coordinate requirements and maintain relationships with other internal groups in the department
- Manage technical problem-solving efforts by guiding decision making, exploring alternatives, soliciting opinion, pursuing root cause, and coordinate experiments while maintaining project/product cost, product quality and on-time delivery
- Prepare post-project assessment, complies lessons learned, and suggest improvements to the new product development process
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Software Engineering preferred
- Demonstrated abilities to lead and coach product development teams
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in new product implementation to include broad knowledge in some or all the following disciplines: Requirement development and management, Software Engineering, integration with hardware and network systems, test development, firmware development and application development
- Minimum of 3 years of leading project teams in a direct report or dotted/matrix environment
- Knowledge of Project Management concepts and agile software development methods (Scrum). Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Big picture, Confluence, and contour etc.
- Performance management skills, including the ability to create and execute change. Demonstrated leadership, coaching and team building abilities
- Uses good judgment in selecting practical, effective, and timely solutions
- Able to interact with senior management or executive levels on project matters concerning functionalities
Our value proposition to you:
We see embedded software development as a team effort, and you will join a collaborative mix of employees with different levels of experience. We are a company of passionate and dedicated people, and our technological innovations are the result of the creativity and dedication of our Associates.
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with ample opportunity for learning and growth as well as an attractive compensation package reflective of your experience and qualifications.
You will become part of an inspiring and flexible workplace with a dynamic work environment and great colleagues that value, support and respect one another. We believe in the value of a good work-life balance and do our outmost to ensure that our employees thrive in our well-established company culture of innovation and high quality. Shure is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and cherish inclusion in the workplace.
To find out more about this position, please contact Bo Petersen at +45 3248 2300.
About Shure Scandinavia
Shure Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. We design and produce high-quality products, which have become legendary for performance, reliability, and value. Our history of innovation and expertise in acoustics, wireless technology, networked audio systems and digital signal processing, enables us to deliver seamless, transparent audio experiences.
Shure Scandinavia has 54 dedicated and committed employees, who all contribute to the development of high-quality conferencing solutions. Shure Scandinavia A/S is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Shure group. We are Shure’s knowledge- and development center for conferencing products and have more than 65 years’ experience from the industry. At Shure Scandinavia, we have an open and dynamic work environment, new bright offices with a good canteen in Ørestad /Copenhagen, and an informal tone. We value the exchange of ideas, high quality in what we do and respect for one another. Furthermore, we always aim at taking good care of our employees and do what we can to ensure that they thrive in our well-established company culture of innovation and high quality.