Experienced Software Developer
Are you excited about software development and all its aspects, such as design, implementation, and testing? Do you thrive with stakeholder management? Does contributing to the green transition through software sound fascinating?
Yes? Then you might be our new Software Developer to join our Power Asset Management team.
The Power Asset Management team is currently developing a scalable software platform to manage and operate renewables in the form of wind and solar. It’s a newly established business area with the primary purpose to rethink how the power production from renewables can be optimized through artificial intelligence and high-quality software. With this platform, we can offer risk management services to owners of renewables to ensure their financial rentability and supply of power to the energy market.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be formally anchored in IT but are 100% allocated to the Power Asset Management team, where you will play a vital role in all stages of this platform’s development, from gathering requirements through implementation to finally supporting it in production. Together with the team, you will take full ownership of the solution, which includes creating new or maintaining current solutions focused on optimizing the value of a portfolio of assets.
As part of the Power Asset Management team, you will collaborate closely with some of the best industry experts in several fields. For example, you will work with quantitative analysts dealing with algorithmic trading, the finance department to facilitate automation of complicated back-office processes and a diverse group of people from various disciplines within IT.
We strive for quality, scalability, resilience, and automation. Our mission is complex, and we believe that ensuring a solid solution requires a high degree of domain knowledge and collaboration. Therefore, you can expect a thorough introduction to asset management and energy trading to enable your contribution, and you will be given the necessary time to understand the business context of renewables asset management.
Responsibilities – we imagine you will:
- Ensure alignment with respective teams when integrating the Power Asset Management solutions in the existing architecture, keeping a holistic mindset maximizing value for InCommodities
- Be responsible for implementing new features adhering to the principles of high code quality, scalability, resilience, and automation
- Take ownership of our internal guidelines/best practices for architectural decisions, coding methods, documentation, etc., which also entails developing and following them.
- Be curious about the business context you are operating in and focus on delivering high-quality solutions in collaboration with your colleagues
- Full-stack responsibility, but with a significant large focus on back-end
Technologies we use:
- F# (.NET, ASP.NET) – as the main platform
- Apache Kafka – for distributed event streaming
- Microsoft SQL – as our primary storage
- GitOps CI/CD workflow (GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, Kubernetes) – to make the deployment experience seamless
Qualifications - we imagine that you have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience with software development, including all steps of the software development lifecycle: planning, designing, developing, testing, and deploying
- Experience with stakeholder management and thrive with cross-functional collaboration
- Experience from a start-up or the fintech or financial sector, but this is not a requirement
- Experience in functional programming or have an interest in learning it
- Experience in back-end development and distributed systems
Personal skills – we expect that you:
- Are detail-oriented and quality-conscious
- Have a curious mindset and are open to different tasks and challenges
- Have strong communication skills and feel confident in sharing your opinion and knowledge
- Are a team player who will do what is best for the team and InCommodities
What can you expect from us:
- Time and focus to develop a deep and relatively broad understanding of relevant domain knowledge
- A competent team of stakeholders with substantial industry knowledge
- Being part of the green transition enabling renewable energy to flow into the grid
- You will join a dedicated team of cross-functional team members with a curious mindset
- Creative and fun atmosphere
We value a strong social culture with a high frequency of employee events outside the office. We want to win and be the best in class – therefore, you'll be surrounded by like-minded people who are bold, honest, ambitious, and the smartest in their field, and who root for one another, as we value a genuine sense of team spirit. To help each other grow, we use honest and constructive feedback and sparring within and across teams. Personality and cultural fit are important to us because we want you to be happy here. The work culture is relaxed; you don’t have to abide by a dress code or a strict hierarchy, so you won’t be frustrated with too many rules, policies, or bureaucratic processes.
In other words, InCommodities is not your average workplace – it’s awesome.
We’re InCommodities: One of the fastest growing trading companies in the world. The energy market is transitioning away from fossil fuels to renewable energy, and we take part in making that happen!
At InCommodities, we support the transition by acting as the middleman between sellers and buyers of power and gas - we transport energy across borders where it’s needed, or we store it and sell it later, providing a vital function in the value chain from production to consumption. InCommodities’ business and decision-making are driven by a deep understanding of the energy markets and based on quantitative analysis and rethinking what we do.
Making InCommodities outstanding requires all types of people with different personalities, backgrounds, and approaches to solving different tasks and projects. But one thing connects us: we're fuelled by new ideas and rethinking the status quo.
You can read more about us at incommodities.com
If you have any questions, please contact
Mathias Skovgaard Birk