Senior Data Governance Specialist
Are you passionate about Data Governance? We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Data Governance expert to drive development, implementation, and execution of Data Governance across Norlys in the business area for energy and telecommunication.
You will be a part of IT Data, Integration & Automaton, who creates tools that automate and exhibit data to use for insights and AI. Here you will be part of the department Data Governance & Technology consisting of highly skilled and ambitious colleagues. We are a department with a high strategic focus and our primary tasks is to support our business units in their need to be more data driven.
In this job, you will be working with Norlys new strategic data journey, where we are building a new foundation for data where the disciplines within Data Governance have a key role. So here, you have the chance to join the development from the start and be part of building the new data community.
More specifically, your tasks will involve:
- working closely with several separate business divisions to map data governance in as-is and to-be situations
- setting the direction for and assisting in the implementation of the to-be situation for data governance in the business
- identifying and training data and information owners
- building an overview of the data landscape
- Guide and contribute to setting the direction, ambition and prioritization for Data Governance and execution of roadmap and plans – and the ongoing evaluation of technology requirements to support Data Governance
What we expect you bring to the role
You probably have a relevant educational background in IT, science, finance, or equivalent. You are interested in communication and facilitation of data governance and have a self-driven and systematic approach to your work tasks, as well as a holistic approach to data governance and it is a plus if you have hands-on experience with cloud services or cloud data-technologies.
Furthermore, you have the following qualifications:
- A skilled change agent and communicator knowing how to demonstrate the value of Data Governance, create organizational buy-in and get the organization to understand Data Governance
- Knowledgeable on how Data Governance, data quality, data lifecycle processes etc. impacts business performance due to your solid business understanding
- Skilled in preparing, facilitating, and driving forums, communities, workshops, and meetings with people across all levels of the organization
- Experienced in developing communication and training materials and performing training of people in Data Governance
- Passionate about Data Governance but also patient and persistent by nature
Beyond being a specialist in Data Governance, you are also a team-player. Through initiative and drive, you ensure this key area gets the gearshift it needs, and, well supported by facts, you dare to think anew and challenge us in IT and across the company. You are ambitious, take responsibility and thrive in an organization where development and change are high on the agenda.
You will be part of Denmark's largest energy and telecommunications group
We offer a job in a company with rapid development and a strong financial foundation. You will find one of our working locations near you and Norlys supports your need for family life with home workplace. In Norlys, we invest in our employees, and that means you are always growing – both personally and professionally. In other words, you can pursue your career dream. Your market value will rise, and no ambitions are too large or too small. At the same time, it will be possible to make your ambitions and working hours dovetail with flexibility in your everyday life.
Would you like to be part of our community?
We are conducting interviewing on an ongoing basis, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position will be closed when we have found the right candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Norlys is Denmark’s largest integrated energy and telecommunications group with approx. 750,000 co-op shareholders, 1.7 million customer relations, 2,800 employees and over 100 years of history. As a co-operative, taking responsibility for more than just ourselves is embedded in our DNA. That’s why we don’t just deliver future-proof solutions to Danish homes and companies. We also work consciously towards a green and digital transformation for all of society. And that is why we are passionate about creating progress for people, the local environment and the climate.
We hope you enjoy the experience. Because we believe that the future is as good as we make it. Together.