Technical IT Supporter Specialist
Service minded technical IT supporter specialist for our IT Service Desk
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you see good service as the most natural thing? Do you enjoy helping colleagues with IT problems? Then we believe we have the job for you.
About the job
Your role as a technical IT support specialist, is a critical one. You are our ambassador representing the entire IT department. Your mindset and attitude matters. Your ability to help your colleagues quickly and professionally is key.
We service and support colleagues in Aalborg, but also across the world. Centrica Energy Trading A/S consists of a delightful cocktail of different nationalities, so we need your written and verbal English to be good.
Your typical day is unpredictive but exciting. The wide range of different challenges and technical conundrums you will be faced with makes up for a day-to-day that we believe is both educational and motivating.
Our environment is fast paced, and you will find yourself helping colleagues through remote support, through our ITSM and face-to-face on premise in our Aalborg or Copenhagen office.
You will be part of our IT Operations department, dedicated to the Service-Desk branch of the team.
Your functions and responsibilities will primarily be:
- Internal IT support for Centrica Energy Trading's employees either remotely or on location primarily in Aalborg or Copenhagen
- Help with small and medium sized projects in the Service Desk team
- Inform and communicate with the end user
- Installation of OS and other software
- Troubleshooting hardware and software errors
- Prepare guides and documentation
- User and access management
- Communicate and troubleshoot with our UK peers.
We expect that you have a strong personal drive and an innovative attitude. You create trustful relations and keep overview of your tasks and several work streams simultaneously.
We expect you to be service minded and great at focusing on solutions while determined not to compromise on quality.
You obviously have a strong technical skillset primarily geared towards Windows/Microsoft based enterprise environments and experience with the typical toolsets used by these businesses, such as Office 365 and so forth.
The desired profile we are looking for contains the following experiences and characteristics:
- 3-5+ years of professional IT experience from similar roles
- Experience in implementation, configuring and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- A flair for technology and an exceptional IT understanding
- Work in a structured way, manage to prioritize and keep an overview.
- A positive mindset and is eager to learn new things.
- Excellent communication skills in Danish and English (written and verbal)
- The ability to prioritize and delegate
- A keen eye for detail.
It would be a plus but not a requirement if you have knowledge about one or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 10/11
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with products from the Atlassian stack
- Office 365
- EasyInstall from IXP Data
- Experience supporting trading or bank environments
What can we offer?
Besides an exciting workplace in constant development and with room for ideas, we also offer an attractive salary according to individual agreement, a pension scheme, health insurance and canteen scheme.
We promise you an unpretentious work environment at a high professional level with good colleagues and opportunities for professional as well as personal development.
Finally, we have a very active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities, where colleagues from the entire company meet.