Senior IT Cloud Engineer
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a Copenhagen-based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market and three candidates are in late-stage development. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. Zealand was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and has presence the U.S. as well.
As Senior IT Cloud Engineer at Zealand Pharma A/S, you will work with the Director, Infrastructure, other IT colleagues, and stakeholders across the company to implement new cloud infrastructure solutions and support existing systems. The environment includes mostly Windows platforms, both on-premise and in the cloud.
Responsibilities include helping us to:
- Planning, design, build, testing, and ongoing operation of secure global cloud infrastructure used by all employees.
- Analyze and understand project requirements. Drive projects to completion.
- Understand and effectively communicate risks associated with delivering or migrating to new technologies.
- Engage in all phases of backup software and related storage solutions delivery including planning, design, build, testing, and ongoing operation.
- Provide day-to-day support of overall infrastructure including network, physical and virtual servers, and storage.
- Presents technology trends, develops knowledge and skills to mentor fellow engineers.
- Proactively observe IT practices and recommend solutions to solve problems or alleviate pain points.
- 3rd level escalation point for IT service desk and IT infrastructure team members.
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as architecture and design documents, user manuals, system documentation, Technical Standards, and training materials.
- Work within a multi-site IT team located in Denmark and the USA.
- Documents, maintains, and monitors compliance to GxP, SOX, and security policies as needed.
The successful candidate will have most or all the below qualifications:
- Advanced Azure operational and best-practice design experience. Azure AD, Endpoint Manager (Intune), Office 365, Conditional Access, Defender skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of cybersecurity best practices.
- You have hands-on experience in governing Azure (Management Groups, Subscriptions, Azure Policies, RBAC, security center, etc.)
- Ability to design and develop solutions according to industry and security best practices, including the authoring of design documents and project plans.
- Knowledge of SSO integrations, including SAML and other authentication protocols.
- Working experience with Azure Automation and PowerShell scripting.
- 7+ years Active Directory administration, implementation, and design. Working knowledge of Windows DNS, DHCP, GPO, and networking protocols.
- Extensive hands-on experience and technical understanding of backup and storage solutions.
- Experience of working in the life sciences industry and working with GxP systems is an advantage.
- Experience working in a SOX-regulated environment is preferred.
- 5+ years in a similar technical position.
- Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize projects independently.
- Demonstrable excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally as well as in writing.
- Energy and drive for team results, consistent high performer.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy being part of a great team and achieving things together.
- Fluent in English (company language) and Danish.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, and bonus. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com.
Please apply no later than August 31st, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For further information, please contact Jim Bove at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.