Senior Solution Architect
Want be part of DSV’s exciting digitalisation journey? And are you ready to utilise your firm grip on architecture and business requirements to create success on this exciting new endeavour?
“Joining a new team, you will create the foundation of how we build platforms and applications in the future. So, you will be taking on a role with a lot of responsibility and influence – and have the resources to support your endeavours,” says Director, Head of Solution Architecture Jonas Bæklund.
Become part of an innovative and international company
Joining us at our spacious and cosy office community in the Meatpacking District in Copenhagen, you become part of our Solution Architecture team within our Business Applications department.
We are currently working towards modernising DSV across our 3 business areas. This is where you and your future colleagues – consisting of senior architects and leads – come in.
You will be building a scalable platform that will make us able to expand in an easier, faster and more meaningful way. This will ultimately save us time, resources and build in a way that meet the needs of our customers, which is part of the digital transformation within the DSV organisation.
Ensure that our business applications meet the technical requirements
Stepping into this newly created role, you will become the expert in creating solution architecture that create value and can be used across all our business units.
This means that you are also part of the very first phase of the project – before it is signed off. You will ensure that the technical solution meet the business requirements. Thus, you can look forward to working with a wide variety of stakeholders as you interact with solution, enterprise and application architects, business change managers, product owners, implementation specialists and our vendors.
Some of your key tasks will be to:
- Create solution designs and define the guidelines for the solution as well as translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Apply broad technical, industry and enterprise knowledge to architecture designs to meet IT requirements and resolve (identified) constrains
- Work closely with product owners on developing the design documentations
- Act as a technical mentor for the team
- Document and present the design and capabilities of the solution/platform and how it fits into the larger solution space
“You will for example be building a new user access management platform, which will be new to everybody in DSV. The purpose of this will be to make it easier to create and maintain the correct user rights and hence improve the security,” explains Jonas.
An experienced solution architect with a strong technical understanding
You are the right fit for this position if you have a solid grasp on architecture and understand the tech opportunities in a development environment – while at the same time mastering the art of aligning and cooperating with developers as well as product owners.
Additionally, we imagine that you have:
- A relevant degree within IT or engineering
- Have several years of experience from similar positions within product or software development or solution architecture
- A general understanding of application architecture as well as cloud architecture and data bases
- The ability to communicate complex solutions to different audiences and work in a fast-paced environment
- Preferably experience working in the logistics or transport business – it is an advantage, but not a necessity
- Strong communication skills being fluent in both written and spoken English
Want to become part of a great work environment?
You will be treated to modern office facilities framing the cooperative work environment within the team. Moreover, you become part of an organisation that offers you different career paths, with opportunities to work abroad.
Also, you will enjoy a fantastic lunch, free selection of coffee, tea and sparkling water and fruit. And you will have the opportunity to work from our HQ in Hedehusene and from your home office.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to contact Director, Head of Solution Architecture, Jonas Bæklund for further information on +45 2238 1484.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com